I finally got a propane tank for my Astoria. Dialing in its regulator was a bit finicky, but it's holding steady at 1.0 BAR. Very steady. More so than with the stat. It's stat is new, and cycles between about 2 atmospheres. The stat for the propane system is also diaphragmatic, but it holds amazingly steady. It also responds instantly to the opening of the steam valve. The resting flames rise instantly in response to the steam valve opening. Very cool. It also seems to recover a bit faster with the propane than on 110v.
Is a propane set-up really more thermally stable than 110v?
I also gave the machine a new set of legs today. They're a set that I've had sitting around for a long time, but I believe they're available from Espressoparts. They're the same brushed stainless as the machine, and they're longer. They also adjust out longer than the original legs, making it easier to get a steaming picture under the machine, and easier to clean under the machine. It also makes the Astoria look a little bit more bad ass.
The pic below shows the machine's flame tube, its electric (battery operated) push button ignition component on the left, and its thermocouple on the right, which defeats the incoming gas when a flame is not detected.
Below is a look through the hole in the back splash as the machine was coming up to temp.
Below is a look at my set-up from the neighbor's back porch.
Here's a shot of the new legs:
I have several espresso machines, but this one is my favorite. Thanks for allowing me to show it off.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.