The Arrarex Caravel - Page 14

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
peacecup (original poster)

#131: Post by peacecup (original poster) »

You'll find that if you put downward and backward pressure on the lever as you pull the machine will sit itself quite firmly to the table, and not slide around much. Also, it will be easy to find some suction cups at the sklep make small holes, and attach them They really do work.

I'm telling ya'll, I've had some 1-in-1000 shots from the Caravel lately...

PC
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

IMAWriter

#132: Post by IMAWriter »

CoffeeOwl wrote::D

When I have strong arise of patience (usually on evenings) I turn on the Caravel, wait this 17 or so minutes and go rocking it to the cup and I do my best not to wait some more for another try :roll: he he he.
Anyway it is rewarding experience!
Lodz...I had to tamp lighter due to the wee little leaking.
You are lucky David Schomer wasn't around to watch you "operate" on his tamper...hahaha
I just bring water to boil in an electric kettle (3 minutes), grind and go...no waiting.
I think the Caravel does work better with a nearly full tank.
Enjoy!

espressme

#133: Post by espressme »

Like kitty what ate peanutbutter waiting by the mouse hole with "baited breath" I await the little machine what could!
Many happy pulls to all!
-Richard
richard penney LMWDP #090,

IMAWriter

#134: Post by IMAWriter »

On it's journey to to the "Brat-Belt." Sorry I messed up the surprise. Doug and Barb probably have me on their "merde" list by now. :lol:
Those rascals.
I can't believe the run on hand grinders over there. They had something like 20 less than 3 weeks ago.
Doug mentioned the other day they have a new load they're working on. My PeDe gets a workout at night.
45 turns for 14 grams...not bad.
Enjoy the Caravel. It certainly had me going for a while. I, like someone else on this thread) first attached the handle assembly upside down, and proceeded to curse the entire Italian population, before I remembered what the other poster had done. :oops:
Have fun.

hbuchtel

#135: Post by hbuchtel »

IMAWriter wrote:I, like someone else on this thread) first attached the handle assembly upside down, and proceeded to curse the entire Italian population, before I remembered what the other poster had done. :oops:
Heh heh, that would be me, I believe... :) yea, it works much better with a 'de bergerac' nose rather than a 'roman' nose!

LMWDP #53

IMAWriter

#136: Post by IMAWriter »

hahahaha...good one, Henry!
Every time I pull the handle down and it would hit the PF handle :oops:
I really am challenged. I almost failed my army draft physical (yes, I'm THAT old) due to the fact the mechanical portion of the intelligence test and I had a parting of the ways. You know the stuff....

> is to +, as / is to..............(answer here)
The Sargent in charge said I had the lowest score he could remember for a college graduate. My ineptness persists to this day.

orphanespresso
Sponsor

#137: Post by orphanespresso »

RJ, so you were the one putting the round pegs in the square holes? But hey, I think most of us would be pretty blank on writing a song or producing a record.....is it still called a record these days?

the upside down lever syndrome is likely influenced by all of the upside down lever photos on ebay italy, though the Bergerac nose is a hoot....thanks for the good laugh Henry.

It makes me think of the Olympia Cremina and La Pavoni pics with the lever in the UP postition, which one rarely actually sees but for a fleeting glimpse in real life.

RJ, thanks for being such a good sport and blame your lack of espresso on UPS, not me!
Doug

CoffeeOwl

#138: Post by CoffeeOwl »

IMAWriter wrote: > is to +, as / is to..............(answer here)
...mmm... to ? 8)
'a a ha sha sa ma!

LMWDP #199

CoffeeOwl

#139: Post by CoffeeOwl »

IMAWriter wrote: You are lucky David Schomer wasn't around to watch you "operate" on his tamper...hahaha
I'm going to send a photo to him, with Caravel too, as the ultimate home lever machine recomendation :wink:
peacecup wrote:You'll find that if you put downward and backward pressure on the lever as you pull the machine will sit itself quite firmly to the table, and not slide around much.
Yes, sure it dances less...
peacecup wrote:Also, it will be easy to find some suction cups at the sklep make small holes, and attach them They really do work.
Somehow I prefer the small black tiny legs instead of the saucers, but who knows - probably I'll get both options and try out.
IMAWriter wrote: I just bring water to boil in an electric kettle (3 minutes), grind and go...no waiting.
I think the Caravel does work better with a nearly full tank.
Enjoy!
I also operate with full tank. The external water kettle was tried out already and then I was so enthusiastic about the new cord that I forgot it's possible to use both Caravel heating and kettle for improving speed.
'a a ha sha sa ma!

LMWDP #199

hbuchtel

#140: Post by hbuchtel »

I was just thinking-

One of the things I like about the Caravel is.. how do I say this... is that I don't know anything except how the espresso tastes, looks, and feels.

No temperature gauge, no pressure gauge, no timer, no bottomless pf...

Ya' know what I mean?
LMWDP #53