Adjusting pressurestat with no gauge on Olympia Cremina

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
kidloco

#1: Post by kidloco »

Hi, is there any way to adjust pressurestat ( mater 0,5-1,2 bar) on Cremina without using manometer? Is this range on Mater means if I turn screw all the way in pressure will be 1,2, and all the way out will be 0,5? If that is the case can I just move it either side to the end and the just push it back or forward half a turn?

DJF

#2: Post by DJF »

No. The membrane will change it's characteristics with temperature and age. An aging p/stat my need to be screwed nearly all the way in to bring the pressure to an acceptable level. Rather than fiddle with adding a gauge I bought a generic type manometer on a rubber fitting that fits on the steam wand from Orphan which can be used on other machines.

Other than that you can try trial and error with what goes in the cup.
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I don't think so."

Advertisement
drgary
Team HB

#3: Post by drgary »

Sometimes those vintage PSTATs may need to be modded. Here's the Orphan Espresso video on adjusting the PSTAT and modifying it, if needed.
You'll see that a steam wand pressure gauge really helps. Here's the link to theirs. Otherwise you can probably rig one up pretty easily. This is a tool I use whenever setting up a machine with a PSTAT.

http://www.orphanespresso.com/Steam-Wan ... _2033.html
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!