50th Anniversary: Olympia Cremina 1967-2017

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
naked-portafilter

#1: Post by naked-portafilter »

It is just some teasing :-) for a great birthday of the Cremina which will be celebrated soon. We are honored to make a short video to this round anniversary. That means we were among the first ones to get to know the special anniversary model which will be introduced in September. Don't ask me about details pls, I will only post some pictures about the preparations for the shooting and maybe a few sequences of the raw materials.

Swiss cubes with swiss watches:

Advertisement
owlery

#2: Post by owlery »

Loving that cinema eos, gabor.
Cannot wait to see your film!

vberch

#3: Post by vberch »

That's amazing, Gabor! Beautiful Omegas as well, especially the '60s Seamaster!
naked-portfilter wrote:It is just some teasing :-) for a great birthday of the Cremina which will be celebrated soon. We are honored to make a short video to this round anniversary. That means we were among the first ones to get to know the special anniversary model which will be introduced in September. Don't ask me about details pls, I will only post some pictures about the preparations for the shooting and maybe a few sequences of the raw materials.
[/i]

redbone

#4: Post by redbone »

Don't mean to be a party pooper.
Might I ask if you are compensated in any way by Olympia, be it product or otherwise for your evaluation or promotion ?

To be specific. Did Olympia or related distributor provide you with a machine for free ?
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

naked-portafilter (original poster)

#5: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) »

redbone wrote:Might I ask if you are compensated in any way by Olympia be it product or otherwise for your evaluation ?
We made some short coffee films in the last years and we are happy to participate on this. We will made this short film for a very modest cost compensation. No deal about posting pictures about the shooting if you meant that. That would be indeed strange.
Check the link below pls!

cuppajoe

#6: Post by cuppajoe »

redbone wrote:Don't mean to be a party pooper.
Might I ask if you are compensated in any way by Olympia, be it product or otherwise for your evaluation or promotion ?

Edit: To be more specific. Did they Olympia or related distributor provide you with a machine for free ?
Looking at the equipment and videos in the link, I would guess he's involved with a production company of some sort and possibly hired by Olympia to produce a promo film. Sending him a machine would be required to make the film, and he's carefully avoiding anything to circumvent an NDA.

Nothing nefarious.
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits

Tonefish

#7: Post by Tonefish »

Oh what a tease! Will be interesting to see what is the uniqueness of the 50th model.
LMWDP #581 .......... May your roasts, grinds, and pulls be the best!

Advertisement

#8: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) »

cuppajoe wrote:I would guess he's involved with a production company of some sort and possibly hired by Olympia to produce a promo film.
:-) We do these films with a friend of mine. We are the production "company". But I'm a roaster. We are supported by Canon, Manfrotto, and some other camera rental companies because they like what we do. I wasn't hired, I offered Olympia to make a short film for the anniversary (I represent them in Hungary).
redbone wrote:Did Olympia or related distributor provide you with a machine for free ?
Robert, I wish they were free :-).

#9: Post by naked-portafilter (original poster) »

Aaaand ACTION!

Busy Sunday. Making some room for the shooting.
Petit problems with the vintage Olympia "couple".

No cord for the Cremina

old school plug on the grinder :-)

HB
Admin

#10: Post by HB »

redbone wrote:Might I ask if you are compensated in any way by Olympia, be it product or otherwise for your evaluation or promotion ?
naked-portfilter wrote:We will made this short film for a very modest cost compensation.
If we strictly applied the site's "no commercial posts" rule, this thread would qualify. But given the circumstances (membership interest, small market, Gábor's history with the site), I'll make an exception. :D

Christian Sagehorn at Olympia Express mentioned the anniversary model would be available in September; some may have noticed the site billboard promoting it:
Christian noted that starting from September production, the Cremina and Maximatic will have these improvements:
  • Stainless steel frame and cover
  • New switch is a shutdown switch (for Swiss and European regulations) it will stop the electricity after one hour
  • Driptray will have more volume and the grid now is above
And of course the anniversary edition will have the unique paint color.
Dan Kehn