Z-Wave 20A Timer/Outlet

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Fluffeepuff

#1: Post by Fluffeepuff »

I'm wondering if anyone has found (or has experience with) and 20 amp Z-wave timer or outlet for use with their espresso machine. I looked around the forums a bit, but only found some 15a wemo or wifi timers/outlets. I'd be integrating the timer into my home security system.

Any recommendations out there?

Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Bak Ta Lo replying to Fluffeepuff »

The Z-wave tech specs say max wattage is 600 watts (or is there a heavy duty version?). My L1-P needs 2700 watts.

I've been looking for the same. The only heavy duty timers I can find that can handle 220-240v 3000 watt loads are the Intermac ones made for air conditioners, but they only have the models with the on board 24 hour timer. Cannot find any heavy duty versions with WiFi control, those all seem to be rated much lower wattage.
LMWDP #371

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by Nunas »

Evolve and Linear both make 20-amp z-wave isolated fixture modules. You should be able to put one of these behind your receptacle to create a 20-amp switched circuit. Alternatively, you could make up an interface in a project box. Run a 20-amp rated plug-in cord into the box and install a 20-amp duplex receptacle on one side of the box. Inside the box, put a standard z-wave device and a relay capable of switching 20-amps. Use the z-wave device only to drive the relay. Warning: this may not meet your local wiring code.

Fluffeepuff (original poster)

#4: Post by Fluffeepuff (original poster) replying to Nunas »

I'm assuming you mean these:

https://www.amazon.com/Evolve-LFM-20-Co ... B006U1O978
https://www.amazon.com/GoControl-Z-Wave ... B00ER6MH22

I'm no automation or wiring expert... to mod my existing 20A circuit, I can integrate one of these into the wiring for the receptacle/outlet and control it that way? Essentially putting it into the loop where the outlets are..?

fluke

#5: Post by fluke »

switched relay was what we considered for the 220 machine, but I've switched the 110v Pavoni off a Z-Wave Aeon Labs inline switch without any issues.

What about this : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YTCZZF0
GE Z-Wave Smart Switch for Large Appliances, 40 Amp, Direct-Wire, Indoor/Outdoor, 12726
'Can be wired as a single power source with dual load 120v. Or single 240v in and out'

DanoM

#6: Post by DanoM »

I used a zwave 15A outlet switch for a few years for my Bezzera Strega without any issues. Actually before that it was used for an NS Oscar and La Pavoni too.
Just plug the module into your outlet, plug the appliance into the module and program your on/off times with the controller or manually switch it on and off. Works great.

Unfortunately, I have no experience on 20A switched outlets, but I assume it would all work the same with properly rated equipment.
LMWDP #445

Shife

#7: Post by Shife »

I've been using an Enerwave 20A outlet to control my Lucca M58 for several months now. I have it linked to a Samsung Smart Things hub. It works great. The Enerwave outlet is a bit tricky to link to the hub. You literally need to have them within an inch of each other during the binding process. Once linked you can move them wherever you want. I made up a 50ft cat5 cable so I could just set the hub next to the outlet to pair them.

#8: Post by Fluffeepuff (original poster) replying to Shife »

Something like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Enerwave-Z-Wave ... 2495604751

Just did a quick google - don't got much time to search more right now! :mrgreen:

sluflyer06

#9: Post by sluflyer06 »

Fluffeepuff wrote:I'm wondering if anyone has found (or has experience with) and 20 amp Z-wave timer or outlet for use with their espresso machine. I looked around the forums a bit, but only found some 15a wemo or wifi timers/outlets. I'd be integrating the timer into my home security system.

Any recommendations out there?
Wemo can do 1800 watts, no problem. I used it for over a year on my Vetrano 2B in 20amp mode. Specifically the Wemo Insight Switch

#10: Post by Fluffeepuff (original poster) replying to sluflyer06 »

According to Belkin's website, the Insight is only rated for a max of 15A, 1800 watts. After seeing some pics of wemos that caught on fire on amazon I'm hesitant to hook it up to anything that would pull more amperage....