What's your office coffee setup? - Page 4

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
drgary
Team HB

#31: Post by drgary »

Photo please? I'd love to see that.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Marcelnl

#32: Post by Marcelnl »

Will do in about two weeks time after the paternity leave is over :)
LMWDP #483

Advertisement
zara

#33: Post by zara »

well...i guess it's a commercial machine

Ellejaycafe

#34: Post by Ellejaycafe »

Being as I run a coffee shop in an office building I suppose I have a pretty awesome office kit :lol: :lol:

I've also found the mazzer hopper lid to be perfect for writing down recipes for my SO offering.

LMWDP #544

Ellejaycafe

#35: Post by Ellejaycafe »

Marcelnl wrote:At my office the setuo is a three group KvdW Mirage, and two Macap grinders and a new SO every couple o
Too bad it all comes with a team of baristas as I'd love some playtime with that gear.
I'm sure if you told them you're an experienced home barista and asked nicely they'd let you pull some shots!! I've definitely some people who showed interest come after hours and play around. It's awesome to connect with customers that way for me; reminds me why I do what I do!
LMWDP #544

Marcelnl

#36: Post by Marcelnl »

They know and we disxuss stuff sometimes but they are pretty busy and I don't want to make the other folks wait too long, plus my latte art suck as I just can't be bothered with it ;-)
LMWDP #483

dominico
Team HB

#37: Post by dominico »

My current office setup:

Cremina '89 with group thermometer
Pharos #039 (updated with "New Pharos" parts)
portafilter from naked-portafilter.com
a crap-ton of Elektra baskets.

EDIT: oh, and an aeropress funnel.
https://bit.ly/3N1bhPR
Il caffè è un piacere, se non è buono che piacere è?

Advertisement
dumpshot
Supporter ♡

#38: Post by dumpshot »

Dominico,

Ooohh, I really like that setup - Cremina and Pharos. Doesn't get much better than that at any price.

I especially like the all black Cremina. Looks sharp.

Keep up the good work!
LMWDP #484

CathyWeeks

#39: Post by CathyWeeks »

Well, my office coffee setup is the same as my home setup (currently favoring my Lido 2, light roasts, and my Duo Coffee Steeper), as I'm working out of my home for the next year or so (I'm a contractor). But, in my "office box" for when I do work in an office away from home, I've got a black wire basket, and inside that is my small red ceramic teapot that holds about 16 ounces of water, a Porlex Mini, ceramic Hario V60, and a measuring cup. I carry the setup to the break room for grinding/heating/brewing. I heat the water in the teapot, in the microwave. Depending on where I'm working (or rather the municipal water supply) I might also bring coffee water from home in a steel water bottle (my home tap water is surprisingly good for coffee. Other nearby water supplies? Not so much). Beans are stored in a small Airscape, or in the original bag, using one of those alligator clip/coffee scoop combos.

Aaron

#40: Post by Aaron »

I use a Rosco Mini hand grinder, an electric kettle to heat water then a Monarch Methods kettle for pouring. I vary brew methods from V60, Wave, Aeropress or Clever. Also an Acaia Lunar scale for weights and times. Solid and simple at work.
“The powers of a man's mind are proportionate to the quantity of coffee he drinks” - James McKintosh