What's your day job? - Page 19

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Boldjava

#181: Post by Boldjava »

From DrGary:
I'm a pragmatic mystic.
Delightful. I self-describe as a sidewalk mystic. http://sidewalkmystic.com/honduras_vaca ... out_me.htm

B|Java
-----
LMWDP #339

Ian_G

#182: Post by Ian_G »

I'm unemployed and have been these past 8 years. Life pretty much came to a standstill when I discovered the reason why I felt a bit weird my whole life is because I was mentally ill. Getting the diagnosis was a relief in the respect that I finally had an explanation for my behaviour. On the other hand, the reason I got diagnosed in the first place was because I was losing it a bit. I managed to avoid hospitalization, but only just.

On a level that people can relate to, my intellect is not what it was, mainly because I find it hard to focus and concentrate. My energy levels are also diminished, which is part illness, and part medication. So forgive me if, in future discussions, I don't get the point. I must admit I struggle with long threads.

I find coffee fascinating. The roasting, the making, and the variety of flavour means endless hours of harmless fun.

I'm university educated to masters level in business administration, but don't rely on me for cohesive thoughts on that subject. I forgot most of it a long time ago.

Still, if you, or your loved ones, are struggling existentially - I'm yer man.

Advertisement
bamaster

#183: Post by bamaster »

My background is in IT. More specifically, I manage corporate intranets. These days I'm in Knowledge Managament for an oil & gas company in Houston. Very similar to intranets, KM has a lot to do with information storage and discovery. Building portals and communities, web 2.0 stuff.

Currently in school... again... for my masters. I'll be smert! :mrgreen:

drgary
Team HB

#184: Post by drgary »

Ian_G wrote:I'm unemployed and have been these past 8 years. Life pretty much came to a standstill when I discovered the reason why I felt a bit weird my whole life is because I was mentally ill. Getting the diagnosis was a relief in the respect that I finally had an explanation for my behaviour. On the other hand, the reason I got diagnosed in the first place was because I was losing it a bit. I managed to avoid hospitalization, but only just.

On a level that people can relate to, my intellect is not what it was, mainly because I find it hard to focus and concentrate. My energy levels are also diminished, which is part illness, and part medication. So forgive me if, in future discussions, I don't get the point. I must admit I struggle with long threads.

I find coffee fascinating. The roasting, the making, and the variety of flavour means endless hours of harmless fun.

I'm university educated to masters level in business administration, but don't rely on me for cohesive thoughts on that subject. I forgot most of it a long time ago.

Still, if you, or your loved ones, are struggling existentially - I'm yer man.
Ian,

Thank you for your courageous post and for being part of this forum. May your enjoyment of fine coffee continue to give you much pleasure.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Theodore

#185: Post by Theodore »

I am a High School Teacher in Physics,(retired).
Espresso uber alles.

EricC
Supporter ♡

#186: Post by EricC »

Telecommunications Engineer

joshd

#187: Post by joshd »

I am a design engineer (for 9yrs) making that plastic packaging that makes you curse as you try to open it. Sorry about that. In July I begin medical school with a wife that stays at home with our 4 kids under 6!!! So it is not only for the love of espresso and all things coffee, but also for the caffeine required to press on. :lol:

Advertisement
erics
Supporter ★

#188: Post by erics »

I am a RETIRED Marine/Mechanical Engineer with a background in steam power plants and diesel engines.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

Ian_G

#189: Post by Ian_G »

drgary wrote:Ian,

Thank you for your courageous post and for being part of this forum. May your enjoyment of fine coffee continue to give you much pleasure.
That was very kind of you to say drgary.

nixter

#190: Post by nixter »

I'm a visual effects artist in the film industry.

Work includes films such as:
Ironman
District 9
Watchmen
Tron Legacy
Thor
Transformers 3