What was your most memorable coffee of the last twelve months?

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Chert

#1: Post by Chert »

I would bet that I am not the only one who regularly enjoys very tasty coffee, but some shots stand out in memory. What was your most memorable coffee of the last twelve months?

I think back to Intelligentsia's Organic Sidama Homecho Waeno SOE. it was just amazing. (I tasted it at their Millenium Park cafe)
LMWDP #198

rama

#2: Post by rama »

Rwanda Gikongoro Nyarusiza, Kenya Nyeri Tegu AB.

Marc

#3: Post by Marc »

tough to name just one but the best 3:
Intelli Homecho Waeno Sidama at home in my aeropress
Kenya Miroma from 49th filter at a coffee bar
Kenya Gichathaini at home from Intelli.

TrlstanC

#4: Post by TrlstanC »

Three stand out pretty clearly in my mind. Besides being tasty, they were all well rounded, interesting, and had no real taste defects (at least that I could tell). Plus the two I tried at home produced consistenly good shots, even when my prep wasn't dialed in exactly. In rough order of memorability:

1. Aida's Grand Reserve from Counter Culture. My first few shots were good, and once I got it dialed in it was a real treat.

2. Costa Rica Los Lobos from Madcap (pulled at Simon's cafe). I wish I had ordered some of this for home when it was available.

3. SOMA from Barismo. This one doesn't seem as special because I can just go pick up another bag whenever (and I just did this week), but the first bag I tried was so easy to dial in, and was so consistently tasty, it still stands out.

Hornbill

#5: Post by Hornbill »

With out a doubt in New York last month at Ninth St Espresso in the Chelsea Market....a triple shot cappuccino
made with Intelligentsia's Black cat espresso... truly the best cup out of 15 great coffee bars in NY, sweet, smooth caramel all in one.

Coffee-Mark

#6: Post by Coffee-Mark »

Double shot of Cup of Excellence Honduras Aguacate .. very caramel with orange/apricotish acidity .. mmmm
admittedly old school, .. but still learning new tricks!
&
I regret that i can only drink so much Espresso!

Chert (original poster)

#7: Post by Chert (original poster) replying to Coffee-Mark »

Thanks for the posts! I will watch for these coffees.
interesting name for a coffee. "Aguacate" may have other meanings, but in Mexico, aguacate translates into english: avocado.
LMWDP #198

CoffeeOwl

#8: Post by CoffeeOwl »

Suke Quto Peaberry Guji Oromia from Ethiopia. Very interesting and satisfying balance between bitters and sours - dry gingerbread cookie and spicy condiments against wild strawberries and rose petals. Sweetness in the background, moving forward in the aftertaste, while cookie crispiness and the berries jelly-like persist.
You could call it exotic, I say it is extraordinary coffee.
Just today I have it again.
'a a ha sha sa ma!

LMWDP #199

another_jim
Team HB

#9: Post by another_jim »

Two shots from RBC's Slayer, a Sidamo and a Peru, that convinced me there was something to all this pressure profiling business. And a god shot Sherman pulled from the ultimate high maintenance coffee -- a Kona Natural Marogagype by Miguel Meza -- which smelt like a 95 point fruit bomb, but had disappointed for three roasts and uncounted brews and pulls. None of us got even close on the subsequent tries.
Jim Schulman

shawndo

#10: Post by shawndo »

Hornbill wrote:With out a doubt in New York last month at Ninth St Espresso in the Chelsea Market....a triple shot cappuccino
made with Intelligentsia's Black cat espresso... truly the best cup out of 15 great coffee bars in NY, sweet, smooth caramel all in one.
Just FYI, in case you were going to try and reproduce this at home. They use a custom Intelligentsia blend called "Alphabet City", not Black Cat. It seems you can only find it on Intelligentsia's site by using the search. (No menu path)
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra