Wee little Salvatore (Kickstarter)

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Gustopher

#1: Post by Gustopher »

I just came across this kickstarter for a Salvatore e61 HX and thought it might be of interest to some of you.

Seems like pretty good value for a nice simple machine.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/75 ... ccino-mach

DanoM

#2: Post by DanoM »

Actually the $1200 price tag is quite inexpensive for Salvatore machines. Not sure about this one, but I think all his machines have a 6 year warranty to the original purchaser. (I was mistaken. Only his spring lever machine has a 10 year warranty.)
LMWDP #445

Advertisement
onthego

#3: Post by onthego »

DanoM wrote:Actually the $1200 price tag is quite inexpensive for Salvatore machines. Not sure about this one, but I think all his machines have a 10 year warranty to the original purchaser.
This machine looks like it might be a e-61 version of the One Black and Euro models, which are no longer available. The dimensions and external appearance are similar. The hot water valve has been dropped, not a big loss there. Standard warranty is six years on most of his machines.

dcupstateNY

#4: Post by dcupstateNY »

Love his process ... who needs to weigh, measure, RDT, WDT, etc., etc. Just grind, whack the side of the portafilter, tamp, whack, tamp, whack some more, tamp some more,and voila; done. Lock, load and pull!
Ciao,
Dave

LMWDP: #346

Randy G.

#5: Post by Randy G. »

The hot water spigot is nice for draining the boiler or replacing some of the water if for no other reason. The lack of anti-vacuum valve means that this machine is not well suited for placing on a timer. Not deal breakers, but one should be aware before purchase.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

russel

#6: Post by russel »

Oh man, this is really doing it for me. It's like a Salvatory answer to a Maximatic. I've been interested in having an E61 around, and a small footprint pump machine would be nice...but I've been dead set on filling that void with a Semiautomatica after I clean out all the levers. Arg.
russel at anacidicandbitterbeverage dot com

Javier

#7: Post by Javier »

That is a nice looking E-61 machine! I did not notice any flex when he lock the portafilter in place. He seems like a nice gentleman, and I have always like the look of his machines.
LMWDP #115

Advertisement
sweaner

#8: Post by sweaner »

Why does he need to Kickstart this project? Just start building them to order.
Scott
LMWDP #248

DanoM

#9: Post by DanoM »

I've wondered the same about the "need" for a kickstarter. Maybe that's his way of testing the market without announcing a product on his website?
LMWDP #445

Intrepid510

#10: Post by Intrepid510 »

It does seem weird tho, since he is going to take a pretty decent hit in the % that amazon and kickstarter take from you. Perhaps marketing?

Beautiful machine, and at a good price.