Vacuum Coffee Bean Canister - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
hperry

#11: Post by hperry »

I've liked this product for keeping coffee fresh: http://visionsespresso.com/cart.php?m=p ... tail&p=721 Pushing down the plunger expels air. Simple and effective.
Hal Perry

nixter

#12: Post by nixter »

I've been meaning to pick up the Vacuvin canisters for some time now. I've been using the stoppers on wine bottles for ages and I swear by them. If you *fully* pump a half empty bottle of red wine it will keep for weeks. I emphasize fully because even after the pump starts to click telling you it's done you can still get a few more slow pumps of air out.

Advertisement
hperry

#13: Post by hperry »

This approach doesn't require a pump. Inserting the disk and pushing it down to the coffee level expels the air. The cannister is then sealed with a top that has a gasket. I like it because its simple and works effectively.
Hal Perry

r-gordon-7

#14: Post by r-gordon-7 »

hperry wrote:I've liked this product for keeping coffee fresh: http://visionsespresso.com/cart.php?m=p ... tail&p=721 Pushing down the plunger expels air. Simple and effective.
Looks like a very good approach. 48oz is a little big for me, though... would prefer a smaller size. What are the exterior dimensions? And do they work as effectively when they contain relatively few beans - e.g. when they're mostly empty and need to remove almost their full volume of air? Finally, two are shown in the photo - are they sold as a set of two or just individually?

Thanks,
r-gordon-7
r-gordon-7
LMWDP #188

hperry

#15: Post by hperry »

Sold individually. Mine is half full or less a good part of the time and seems to take good care of the beans. keep a couple of different colors around so that I can remember which coffee went in where.
Hal Perry