Tom Hanks buys Press Corp espresso machine

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
keno

#1: Post by keno »

This is so cool!! 8) When Tom Hanks heard the WH Press Corp was drinking vending machine coffee he sent them this Pasquini espresso machine.

Tom Hanks sends espresso machine, typewritten note to White House Press Corps
Tom Hanks wrote:Keep up the good fight for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Especially for the Truth part. I hope this machine will make the 24 hour cycle of news a bit more pleasant. Add water, insert pod, press button and report. All good things. Tom Hanks.

RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by RockyIII »

Ken,

Thanks for posting that news. I've always liked Tom Hanks, and now even more so.

Rocky

redbone

#3: Post by redbone »

RockyIII wrote:Ken,
Thanks for posting that news. I've always liked Tom Hanks, and now even more so.
Rocky
Good eye. Most likely has the pod option kit installed. Looks like it could do both depending on setup.

"The Hollywood Reporter notes that Hanks decided to send the first machine after finding out that White House reporters regularly drank vending machine coffee"

Guess the vending machine guy is the only one not happy with Tom Hanks.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

chipman

#4: Post by chipman »

Given Hank's geeky obsession with typewriters, he would fit right in here if he suddenly decided to buy himself an espresso machine.

Ron_L

#5: Post by Ron_L »

I hope that he sent them a decent tamper :D
...ron

LMWDP #356

flathead1

#6: Post by flathead1 »

Unfortunately it's set up for Pods. Illy no less.
A Lever and a place to stand ...

LMWDP #152

duna

#7: Post by duna »

Pods are not that bad of a choice in an office setup where nobody is available, hired or trained, to properly service/clean the machine daily. Subsequent mess is under control, machine needs only water and electricity (apart for general maintenance, but this is true for every appliance or machine in an office), and janitorial staff has no reason to complain about the added burden (that may well exceed contractual limits, but I concede this is probably not a big issue at the White House).
That would have been a nice solution at my office too, hadn't we had a 'kiosk' espresso superautomatic machine.
In my previous job we had a nice prosumer espresso machine (something like a Silvia or a Lelit,it was so much time I cannot remember) and a flat burr Gaggia grinder , coffee was great but I regret to admit it was messy and we had a hard time in order to keep the place tidy.

Shife

#8: Post by Shife »

This is the third machine he's donated. The first was in 2005.