Thank God for the Caravel!

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
sweaner

#1: Post by sweaner »

I have not been able to make espresso for months. Why? Well, our kitchen remodel has gone...not quite as planned. We currently have cabinets, a fridge, no counter tops, and a damaged wood floor.

Tonight, I finally decided that I couldn't take it any more. Bringing the Vetrano into the kitchen just wouldn't work well. But the Caravel! Some wood on top of the open cabinets, the Mazzer Mini, and the little silver lever machine. A bag of Len's Blend's is defrosting now.

Tomorrow, espresso it is...if I remember how.
Scott
LMWDP #248

CRCasey

#2: Post by CRCasey »

I wish you a happy early Saturday morning espresso orgy then! :twisted:

-C
Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love-CMdT, LMWDP#244

JmanEspresso

#3: Post by JmanEspresso »

Longest Ive gone was 2 days, and on day 3, when I got make espresso, it was wonderful.

Have yourself a great morning dude!

doubleOsoul

#4: Post by doubleOsoul »

Listen, I couldn't do it. I've never made it past 24 hours. I got a real problem.

michaelbenis

#5: Post by michaelbenis »

Oh, boy, Scott! I feel your pain... and I feel our pleasure!

Keep that little baby going!

Kitchen work isn't a quick job.... it's a way of life.... :roll:

Don't ask me how I know 8)
LMWDP No. 237

peacecup

#6: Post by peacecup »

I keep one on my desk at work. Takes less space that the mousepad. The Dienes stays in the bookshelf.

At home the hand grinder, and even the Caravel, can go back in the closet when not in use. No boiler to wait to cool, super light weight. And some of the best espresso on the planet.

Be careful though, you may get spoiled and find it difficult to go back to the vetrano.

PC
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

sweaner (original poster)

#7: Post by sweaner (original poster) »

Well, first shots not perfect (have I ever made a perfect one?) but espresso nonetheless. The little Caravel is such a pleasure to use. I will be very hyper by the end of today.
Scott
LMWDP #248

CRCasey

#8: Post by CRCasey replying to sweaner »

You had better start back slowly... If you are not careful you may end up finishing the kitchen yourself. :D
Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love-CMdT, LMWDP#244

espressme

#9: Post by espressme »

Good on Yer!
-Richard
richard penney LMWDP #090,

JmanEspresso

#10: Post by JmanEspresso »

Is the Arrarex Caravel a machine you can "buy", or do you need to track down a used on Ebay/CL or the like?

Ive considered getting a lever, and If I did, I want a spring boiler, and prefer an open boiler*, and the Caravel fits that(as does the peppina). Wondering how I go about finding a caravel. . .

*of course, Id be happy with a Cremina as well :)