San Francisco HB get together

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
malachi

#1: Post by malachi »

It seems like all sorts of other cities in the US are doing H-B.com get togethers. And people are having a ton of fun with them.

A couple folks were wondering why we would be left out here in SF?

So I'd like to invite any and all SF area H-B members to the first in a series of get togethers. I think it's important for this to be an on-going thing (assuming we all have fun with this first one), and given this I think we should focus in each one on something specific of interest to us.
For future ones, we can discuss in person and come to a conclusion. For this one, I've talked to a few folks and come up with the topics.

So... consider this your invitation to the first SF H-B.com Get Together - to be held 17 July in SoMa (SF).

The topics / theme for this one will be Tasting and Techniques.

I've arranged for some fantastic coffees and we'll be cupping them and talking about them.
Doug (fullsack) has kindly offered the use of his roasting / lab space here in SF for this event. We'll have a couple different espresso machines and grinders to use and discuss / share techniques.
We're trying to line up a "special guest" or two (grin).

We'll start at 9am.

If you're interested - speak up.
If you have questions or suggestions - speak up.
If you can commit to being there - PM me (I need to have a reasonably accurate count to make sure that we have sufficient coffee, cups, etc).

This should be fun!
What's in the cup is what matters.

Advertisement
yakster
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by yakster »

Chris,

Sounds great, I'm interested and I'll be able to make it (I'll be just back from a Kayaking trip to Morro Bay where I'll be continuing my campfire roasting experiments).

The one question that comes to mind: is there anything I can bring?
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Sherman

#3: Post by Sherman »

Yakster,

You should bring me. :D And some bbq, too.

-s.
Your dog wants espresso.
LMWDP #288

malachi (original poster)

#4: Post by malachi (original poster) »

yakster wrote:Chris,

Sounds great, I'm interested and I'll be able to make it (I'll be just back from a Kayaking trip to Morro Bay where I'll be continuing my campfire roasting experiments).

The one question that comes to mind: is there anything I can bring?
Great to hear!
If you have a cupping spoon bring it. Otherwise I think we're good.

Looks like we might have door prizes also...

zin1953

#5: Post by zin1953 »

I'd love to be there, but I'll be in Watsonville during the day, and Napa that night. Hopefully, there's a next time . . .
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.

#6: Post by malachi (original poster) »

Too bad.
It should be fun.
And we are going to have some excellent coffees.
We are, however, planning another - probably for September.

jeremybb

#7: Post by jeremybb »

Excited to come!

Advertisement
doubleOsoul

#8: Post by doubleOsoul »

I can catch Amtrak from Sacramento to come down there. It would be worth it. SoMa... is in? (I don't know the Bay Area as well as I'd like to).

#9: Post by malachi (original poster) »

Location is convenient to the Civic Center BART station.

chang00

#10: Post by chang00 »

Just wondering if the hosts and people are interested in also a roasting party, with the Mini 500. If that is the case, and if the place has proper venting, a table to support 100 lbs, 3-prong 110V outlet, proximity from a parking spot to unload, and not on the 10th floor without elevator, I can bring the propane roaster. After all, it is called the "mini".