ROASTe goes under... sort of. - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
EricBNC

#11: Post by EricBNC »

I noticed today that when you click on the Vivace or Klatch purchase link it directs you to the vendor's site - some others I tried do this now too. I guess it will become something like pricegrabber - just a redirect portal for shoppers. I haven't been able to log in for a while now, not that you could do anything over there anyway.
LMWDP #378
Author of "The Bell Curve: Instructions for Proper Herd Mentality"

Spitz.me

#12: Post by Spitz.me »

I think it's really weird when an online retailer keeps their website working like 'business as usual' with a rather ambiguous message that makes it seem like there's a technical error with the site.
LMWDP #670

Advertisement
jbviau
Supporter ★

#13: Post by jbviau »

Agreed. Meanwhile, a new competitor (Mistobox) is apparently looking to take advantage.
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

EricBNC

#14: Post by EricBNC »

jbviau wrote:Agreed. Meanwhile, a new competitor (Mistobox) is apparently looking to take advantage.
Have you given them a try yet?
LMWDP #378
Author of "The Bell Curve: Instructions for Proper Herd Mentality"

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by JohnB. »

Looks like a ROASTe clone right down to the points & special memberships. Didn't work out too well for R/e & they had a much better selection. If you are looking for Espresso blends or S/Os it's hard to beat GoCoffeeGo.
LMWDP 267

jbviau
Supporter ★

#16: Post by jbviau »

I agree GoCoffeeGo offers nice service, but there's very little "value added" to the shopping experience there aside from the shipping discount. Eric, nope, I haven't ordered from Mistobox.
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by JohnB. »

jbviau wrote:I agree GoCoffeeGo offers nice service, but there's very little "value added" to the shopping experience there aside from the shipping discount.
Which is probably why they are still in business & ROASTe is not. There isn't enough profit in each bag of coffee to cover all those freebies. Once those points add up & customers start cashing them in the bottom falls out.
LMWDP 267

Advertisement
Intrepid510

#18: Post by Intrepid510 »

Yeah unfortunately you can't sell products for free and stay open...

We will see how misto box is I have ten dollars in credit there so I will probably use them at some point. I am sure they are fine, not too crazy with arbuckles though being in their line up makes me think they are falling down the same hole as roaste, seeing that coffee is big deal but not fully understanding it.

Just a random thought why do roasters have such high shipping prices from their sites while I can get five buck shipping on gocoffeego?

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#19: Post by JohnB. »

GoCoffeeGo is losing $$ on every shipment of over 1lb @$4.95 & taking a big hit on the 3 bags/free shipping deals to attract customers. Roasters aren't in business to lose $$ so they either charge actual cost or add in a handling charge. With the money lost on shipping specials it's not hard to understand why GCG isn't offering other freebies. They do offer 15% off on some of the roasters which combined with $4.95 shipping isn't a bad deal.
LMWDP 267

Intrepid510

#20: Post by Intrepid510 »

Are you sure? I just got two bags through them shipped in a padded flat rate envelope which is 5.30. I am not sure what rate gocoffeego has with their roasters but I believe roaste was getting about wholesale prices from the roasters which should be enough to cover shipping charges. I understand that it might not be sustainable if they don't get enough orders to cover costs of running a business tho.