Really now

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Lockman

#1: Post by Lockman »

I guess I was looking at the wrong tamps. I had no idea these were so coveted.

Badass Tamp

LMWDP #226.

"It takes many victims to make a culinary masterpiece"

Beezer

#2: Post by Beezer »

Haw! I like how he tries to make it sound like it's a highly sought after piece of rare gear. I notice there aren't any bids yet, so hopefully people won't buy this malarkey.
Lock and load!

Advertisement
RegulatorJohnson

#3: Post by RegulatorJohnson »

i have one of those!

it came packed in with my GB/5, it is in a drawer.

maybe i should ebay it?

jon
2012 BGA SW region rep. Roaster@cognoscenti LA

sweaner

#4: Post by sweaner »

You know, for 10 bucks and free shipping it would not look bad inside my grinder's throat.
Scott
LMWDP #248

Lockman (original poster)

#5: Post by Lockman (original poster) »

RegulatorJohnson wrote:i have one of those!

it came packed in with my GB/5, it is in a drawer.

maybe i should ebay it?

jon
OMG! Maybe someone will swap you a Reg for it! I am following it to see if anyone bids :wink:
I remember I bought a Waring pro waffle iron online for $79.00 and when I checked Ebay, some guy was selling them for $249.00 and people were leaving positive feedback. I bought another to see if I could be so lucky and never did post it. Waring does make another "PRO" waffeler but it is quite different in quality.
sweaner wrote:You know, for 10 bucks and free shipping it would not look bad inside my grinder's throat.
Probably better off putting the right shaped rock in there. The weight of this would probably have little effect on the feed. Could keep the dust out though.
On the other hand you could grind it up and add a little dust to each pull for that La Marzocco voodoo.
Mayby if I get a genuine La Marzocco "O" ring, I can wear it around my finger and maybe my milk steaming will improve! Heck, maybe my love life as well. 8)
LMWDP #226.

networkcrasher

#6: Post by networkcrasher »

sweaner wrote:You know, for 10 bucks and free shipping it would not look bad inside my grinder's throat.
Use a blank or single basket in your Mazzer's throats and it will fit perfectly.

#7: Post by Lockman (original poster) »

Sold! For 9.99 Woot!
LMWDP #226.

Advertisement
espressoed

#8: Post by espressoed »

$9.99? My page view shows $11.50. These things are in demand, don't you know? It's a genuine La Marzocco plastic tamper.
All the coffee in Ethiopia won't make me a morning person.

#9: Post by Lockman (original poster) »

OMG! You are right. It got bid up at the end. I missed it. I could have had it for $11.75, dang. I may regret this for the rest of my life... :cry:
LMWDP #226.

espressoed

#10: Post by espressoed »

I thought hard about pulling the trigger and sniping it right at the auction's end myself. After all, the La Marzocco name would have lent quite a bit of prestige to my low-end espresso bar; an upgrade of sorts. And it would have represented a bit of a karmic inversion in that there are lots of La Marzocco machines in cafés and restaurants out there owned by people with no idea as to how to use them properly, whilst I would own a plastic La Marzocco tamper and know exactly what to do with it to get the best results. :lol:
All the coffee in Ethiopia won't make me a morning person.