Oh, I wish I could bring myself to get Illy cups

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
coryforsenate

#1: Post by coryforsenate »

They're soooo beautiful, but it's difficult for me to spend $50+ on a pretty cup that won't improve the actual espresso. Or will it.... :?: :shock: :?:

Anvan

#2: Post by Anvan »

Remember - all this coffee stuff is only about enjoyment. You wouldn't be the first person who ever decided that spending $50 on nice cups was a reasonable proportional investment in sensory satisfaction in the context of 20x that much for a grinder/machine.

mitch236
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by mitch236 »

coryforsenate wrote:They're soooo beautiful, but it's difficult for me to spend $50+ on a pretty cup that won't improve the actual espresso. Or will it.... :?: :shock: :?:
They may not improve the the actual espresso but they can improve the experience of drinking the espresso. If you want them and can afford the extravagance, go for it!

Spitz.me

#4: Post by Spitz.me »

The day will come when you decide to spend $20 on a cup and saucer. That day will make $50 seem like no big deal.

"I have this great espresso cup and it was $20, if I bought 2 it would have been $40. Why have 2 for $40 when you can have 1 that I love for $50?"

I have more cups than I'll ever need so I've stopped. Got a Terra Keramik from Great infusions - love it with the black and silver lip - but I don't ever have espresso parties so even 1-2 cups would have sufficed without any future pains.

do up the $50, it will make drinking more fun. Some cups just make the espresso taste that much nicer!
LMWDP #670

Viernes

#5: Post by Viernes »

The espresso will improve as much as how much importance you give to the cup.

It's you senses.

the_trystero

#6: Post by the_trystero »

Thankfully I haven't seen any of their recent artist designs that I like. When I do, I will probably pick up a couple.
"A screaming comes across the sky..." - Thomas Pynchon

coryforsenate (original poster)

#7: Post by coryforsenate (original poster) »

the_trystero

#8: Post by the_trystero »

Those are my favorite at the moment, but they still don't float my boat high enough to buy them.
"A screaming comes across the sky..." - Thomas Pynchon

SlowRain

#9: Post by SlowRain »

They're nice, sometimes, but they're only cups. See if you can convince someone else to give them to you as a gift--instead of some other useless gift--and spend your hard-earned money on something more practical.

compliance

#10: Post by compliance »

I want a fossil cup bad, but none of the others I've seen have really been all that interesting.