New member, questions about Sage gear

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
neftun

#1: Post by neftun »

Hi!

I recently signed up for this site, and have been reading the recommended info. I enjoy espresso immensly and have for some while now.

My coffee-making history briefly: A Jura something, which I threw away in a tantrum last year, and Bialetti, steel version, on the stove. My grinder has been for the last year a Wilfa, which churns out something remotely useful for espresso. My dad kindly borrowed/gave me his fourteen year old Gaggia Classic a couple of months ago, which does not pair nicely with the Wilfa.

My dad bought the Sage Barista Express, which was delivered last week. His frame of reference is set by using Jura and Delonghi for the last decade, so this manual, but "handholding" Sage was an eyeopener for both of us. Suddenly we tasted espresso! I promptly wanted to learn more, and came across this forum.

I could not see any opinions about any Sage gear here, so I wonder, does anyone here have any experience with it? I'm curious about the Smart Grinder and the Dual Boiler. Any feedback is appreciated!

Patrick K
Norway

dmw010

#2: Post by dmw010 »

Sage is re-badged Breville. There are many threads about Breville espresso machines and grinders on HB.

Advertisement
neftun (original poster)

#3: Post by neftun (original poster) »

Thanks, I did not know that. That cleared that up:)