New home espresso bar design and set up advice wanted - Page 4

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
dumpshot
Supporter ♡

#31: Post by dumpshot »

That is great, Gary. I did a double take because it looks like your old setup - same type of counters and in the same orientation at the "L". Very nice.

Pete
LMWDP #484

drgary
Team HB

#32: Post by drgary »

Thanks, Pete. This time it's a "U." The granite is both elegant and dramatic. Most of the time it looks nearly black, but under bright sunlight there are gorgeous intrusions that just pop. Although I would generally prefer to have lighter colored counters in a coffee space my coffee bar build-out will definitely use matching granite that's stored in our outbuilding.

I've started to think about the elements that will go into the functionality of that coffee bar and will share them on this thread for suggestions and where to place what.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Eastsideloco

#33: Post by Eastsideloco »

TLD222 wrote:The under-cabinet lights have a tendency to warm the upper cabinets.
If someone is building from scratch, you can specify high quality LEDs for the under cabinet lights. These are excellent task lights and put off very little heat into the environment. You can put your hand right on the diffuser and it just feels warm to the touch.

DuckTwacy

#34: Post by DuckTwacy »

Wow, that granite is just beautiful. So many colors pop out. That kitchen...me very jealous. 8)

I certainly can't wait to see the coffee bar-to-be when it's finished.
Old baristi never die; they just can't take the grind.

keno (original poster)

#35: Post by keno (original poster) »

Moved in to the new house a couple of weeks ago and got the new espresso bar setup. Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Very happy with how it came out. Have 26 inches of clearance from counter to cabinet, so there is room for potential future upgrades.

Here's a pic:

drgary
Team HB

#36: Post by drgary »

That looks really good, Keno. I'm a bit behind you but it just feels good to start getting things in place.

Here's my temporary setup in what will be a dedicated coffee bar. Wires were pulled for four outlets, including 220v. Only one outlet is installed and we still need our water system assessed. This is the Metro table from my old office. Moving that Prestina into place by myself took some heavy lifting! The table is anchored into a stud. I'll have a friend help me move the machine into the garage tomorrow for pressure testing before running it over that hardwood floor. The permanent setup will include a drain for safety.

Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

doubleOsoul

#37: Post by doubleOsoul »

keno wrote:Moved in to the new house a couple of weeks ago and got the new espresso bar setup. Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Very happy with how it came out. Have 26 inches of clearance from counter to cabinet, so there is room for potential future upgrades.
Looks great!

keno (original poster)

#38: Post by keno (original poster) »

Nice Gary, bet you are really going to enjoy that setup.

Thanks doubleOsoul!