Nestle Pure vs. Crystal Geyser bottled water for drip/espresso

Water analysis, treatment, and mineral recipes for optimum taste and equipment health.
bobmccarthy

#1: Post by bobmccarthy »

My local outlet dropped Crystal Geyser in favor of Nestle Pure. The spec's on the water are

Any thoughts?

Price is right, $1.00 per gallon (correction 750ml) with tax. It's RO water with minerals added.

I use bottled for drip and espresso.

bob

BruceB

#2: Post by BruceB »

So long as you know Nestle's business practices and you are happy making a conscious decision to support them then sure. I'm not a huge one for championing causes to boycott companies etc, but in their case I'm against a number of their business practices as they are particularly unsavoury.

http://action.sumofus.org/a/nestle-wate ... b=homepage
It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science.
Grimes - Black Hawk Down

bobmccarthy (original poster)

#3: Post by bobmccarthy (original poster) »

<removed most of text, sounded too preachy>

It takes about 37 gallons of water to grow the coffee beans and process them to make one cup of coffee.

If Nestle got an agreement with the local government to pull "drinking water" from the aquifer them you need to address this with the government, not berate Nestle for doing what they're supposed to do. I'm either going to drink it from a tap or a bottle, I'm still going to drink it.

So are the specs Ok.

bob