The nastiest %#*$ing thing I've seen all day... - Page 5

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Cathi

#41: Post by Cathi »

ericnorby wrote:...The book says that if you don't have a health code concerning coffee shops, it would be a good idea to get the King County [Washington state] health code sent to you, to give to your local health department.
Interesting, that's where I live. There certainly are coffee shops and kiosks aplenty. But on closer inspection, it looks like several of them need to re-read the code. But then we also have the "sex-presso" places popping ( :oops: ) up all over the place. Seriously doubt the customers are looking at drip trays and er, wands....
Cathi
LMWDP #113

gitano1

#42: Post by gitano1 »

Cathi, with the ubiquity of espresso stands in King and Pierce County I seriously doubt that the health department gets to even a small percentage of them. I make all the espresso I drink at home. We even have a "Bikini" espresso in Bonney Lake. Of course, we have about 10 espresso shop in the area, including Starbucks and Forza. The competition is a bit steep.
Gitano1

Cathi

#43: Post by Cathi »

Agreed. In a three block area on the main drag we have 2 stand alone *$'s and one in a grocery store. As a matter of fact, the three grocery stores in that same area each have a leased coffee/'spro store within the store. There is also a stand alone coffee shop (independent/local) located in-between two of the three.
Cathi
LMWDP #113

starry

#44: Post by starry »

Sometimes I like a good hot dog. I always like a good espresso. Hmmm. I never thought of having both at the same time though!

Ralph Walter

bishopthirteen

#45: Post by bishopthirteen »

http://www.stokexpress.com/

Yucky.
Bishopthirteen
LMWDP #009

another_jim
Team HB

#46: Post by another_jim »

bishopthirteen wrote:<image>

http://www.stokexpress.com/

Yucky.
Not so much yucky, more the set up patter for a placebo. Each serving contains 40mg of caffeine, and it warns you that you'll explode if you take more than two. A caffeine tablet (roughly $15 for 200) contains 200mg.
Jim Schulman

OlywaDave

#47: Post by OlywaDave »

David White
EspressoParts.com

Cathi

#48: Post by Cathi »

Woa Nelly! You win, Dave.
Cathi
LMWDP #113

OlywaDave

#49: Post by OlywaDave »

Oh no... these are all pretty great. The worst of it all might just be the sleezy sexpresso shops.

Since we have a tech in the field servicing drive thrus and shops in the sticks we see all kinds of stuff like this. I won't go into some of the boilers he has opened up or even the dead mouse found in one machine. Eeek!

This thread is great however. Sort of a "what not to do" or "see what can happen" kind of thing. Scare tactics for new espresso machine owners.

Keep em clean.

If I can find more pictures I'll be sure to post them.
David White
EspressoParts.com

arced

#50: Post by arced »

I was checking out listings on eBay and noticed this Pasquini. Anyone know what's going on in the doser? That looks really nasty....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0015754997
LMWDP #161