Le lait en France

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Ken Fox

#1: Post by Ken Fox »

misterdoggy wrote:I've been using only skim milk and I have the normal burn wand that is delivered in Europe and they thing can do no wrong. If Anything too much microfoam if there is such a thing. Pressure is 1.8 and the pressure is almost too much to handle. You have to have enough milk in the Jug or it splatters, and you need a lot less milk to make microfoam as it really expands.

I've never had microfoam like I do at this time, could be the milk in France. my wife actually asked me to make less microfoam believe it or not. Like in Italy when you order a cappuccinno :) but my wife prefer's caffe latte's or in France we call them Cafe Au Lait a little less foam.
Je pense que le lait en France est mieux, surtout après que ça ait été versé dans la rue pendant une manifestation par les laitiers :mrgreen:

C'est probablement le goût d'asphalte . . . .

ken
:mrgreen:

...split from Steaming with the La Marzocco GS3 by moderator...
What, me worry?

Alfred E. Neuman, 1955

Advertisement
misterdoggy

#2: Post by misterdoggy »

je pense que le lait est meilleur ici

Ken Fox (original poster)

#3: Post by Ken Fox (original poster) replying to misterdoggy »

Mais, je sais que 99.99% de café Français est merdique :mrgreen:

ken
(qui viens en France dans 12 jours, et qui va boire le café comme medicament chaque jour bientôt!)
What, me worry?

Alfred E. Neuman, 1955

networkcrasher

#4: Post by networkcrasher »

Tengo el perro en mis pantalones.

:D :shock:

Peppersass
Supporter ❤

#5: Post by Peppersass »

Ken Fox wrote:Mais, je sais que 99.99% de café Français est merdique :mrgreen:
Если Bы думаете что французский кофе плох, пробовать российский кофе!

misterdoggy

#6: Post by misterdoggy »

Ken,

Congrats on your French !! Coffee in France generally sucks. The French like their coffee the way they like it and don't think that Italian coffee is better. They have their own culture, and lots of local brand machines that are less expensive. But there are lots of Torrefaction (Roasters) all over the place and people do go regularly for fresh roasts.

I was just talking this morning with the French distributor for LM and he said that French haven't seen the light yet, but slow progress is working its way here.

The 2 cultures are pretty strong in the Kitchen and I have had incredible meals in both countries. I brought French cheeses from my region to the LM factory and gave out some gifts to friends there and they told me how much they enjoyed the Reblechon and Tomme cheeses everyday until it was gone.

networkcrasher

#7: Post by networkcrasher »

As long as the French keep making wine the same way or better, they can hold off on making good coffee. ;-)

Advertisement
Ken Fox (original poster)

#8: Post by Ken Fox (original poster) »

misterdoggy wrote: The 2 cultures are pretty strong in the Kitchen and I have had incredible meals in both countries. I brought French cheeses from my region to the LM factory and gave out some gifts to friends there and they told me how much they enjoyed the Reblechon and Tomme cheeses everyday until it was gone.
Reblochon is my favorite soft cow's cheese in France. I'm pretty competent with cheese trolleys in France, and occasionally surprise (genuine) French people when they see me selecting cheese in a French restaurant.

My usual approach is to get a soft cow, a hard cow, a brébis, several chevres (the plus sec the better), and a blue such as Roquefort. I need to go on a diet right now just thinking about this stuff.

ken
What, me worry?

Alfred E. Neuman, 1955

misterdoggy

#9: Post by misterdoggy »

France is the place if you like cheese. Just in my village there are 40 brands of Reblochon !! I enjoy all types of cheese, there are types that are just available a couple of months of the year. The cheese that is allowed in to the states has to be pasteurized and here they wouldn't think of it. Funny I still love American Cheddar and can't get it here. We do get some English Cheddars which are very good.

javabob
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by javabob »

No offense, but why don't you two just PM each other rather than hijack this thread?