Knutsen is quitting business

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
DJR

#1: Post by DJR »

Over the last couple years I've bought 6-7 bags of excellent coffees from Knutsen. I received a letter from them today saying they are folding up shop.

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

It's unfortunate.

I mentioned it about a week ago. They listed all their gear on Craigslist locally, and didn't even name drop that they were Knutsen. It was only after emailing, that I found out who it was I was dealing with.

I could have bought her cupping table for $500. I delayed one day, because I decided to dedicate more time to the Springtime Homeroasters Competition. That 24 hour delay cost me the table. The owner of Royal Imports in Emeryville claimed it. But I still got the moisture meter (which is what I primarily wanted) along with some amazing coffee archives and a nice photo that hung in her office of the Golden Gate Bridge that I'll cherish forever.

She's 93, but still has energy and wit. But they've decided it's time to wind things down.

She'll be at the SCAA next week, so I'll be hunting for her and John to say hello again.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

poison

#3: Post by poison »

What a shame. Some of the best Kenya I ever had was from them, they had the awesome Zimbabwe Ashanti for a few years, and more. Nicest people to deal with, they'll be missed.

heavyduty

#4: Post by heavyduty »

Tomorrow came sooner than expected.

Paul