Klatch One Day Barista Class

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
boar_d_laze

#1: Post by boar_d_laze »

Took it yesterday. Yes!

Heather Perry taught it. She's an engaging teacher who figures each student out (five to our class) quickly and individualizes instruction to your level. She's engaging, charming, and spending 9 - 4 with her was a pleasure.

The big take aways for me were not so much technique, but mostly along the lines of knowing when to be more critical, when to let go, and giving myself permission to "waste" a lot more coffee than I'd been comfortable doing. Heather opened my palate to a level it had never been. I can't say my latte art got better, since -- until yesterday -- it was non-existent. From nothing to a good heart is nothing to sneeze at.

I've got a much better idea of how to pursue excellence and when to let the pursuit go because I've hit the limits of the particular blend or my equipment. That's a big deal.

Highly recommended.

BDL
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator

tekomino

#2: Post by tekomino »

boar_d_laze wrote:Heather opened my palate to a level it had never been.
I think that is most important, at least for me. Its the reason I will visit as many top cafes as possible and taste their coffee. It helps me elevate my game since I can't stand it that someone can make better espresso than me :wink:

boar_d_laze (original poster)

#3: Post by boar_d_laze (original poster) »

Dennis,

Well put.

BDL
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator