Interesting gas fired commercial hx on CL (SF Bay)

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
fluke

#1: Post by fluke »

Never quite sure what the policy is on posting interesting finds on CL/eBay etc - but this is an interesting option for someone interested in a 220 commercial 2 group with the option to run on gas *(bmcricket sez " If it's not a lever, I'm not interested..." I said, "but look at all that Brass..!"

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bfs/4547883561.html

$300 (it's actually the second viable 2 gr for that price listed locally right now)
Looks clean enough that I might consider driving up to the North Bay to pick it up, if I didn't already have enough projects. And one full sized 2 gr machine is enough!

Carmd1281

#2: Post by Carmd1281 »

Wow... that thing looks like a beast.
Carm
New York, NY

fluke (original poster)

#3: Post by fluke (original poster) »

another interesting (not gas fired) for $500 :
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/app/4570847523.html

anyone have an idea what this might be?

JimH

#4: Post by JimH »

It looks like an Enrico of Italy two group machine. For $500 the eagle on top of that turkey had better be made of gold.

DanoM

#5: Post by DanoM »

"MINIMAL USAGE BY THE CURRENT OWNER OF 25 YEARS" - that's probably an understatement.

Right now there's a mislabeled "Vintage Pavoni Manual Copper Plated Espresso" that appears to be a Gaggia America on SFO Craigslist. No price listed, but it's been listed for 8 days. Not sure if it's working, because they have the hotel group filled with beans. Of course nobody wants that top "decoration" on the machine, so it makes them harder to sell.
LMWDP #445

UltramaticOrange

#6: Post by UltramaticOrange »

JimH wrote:...eagle on top of that turkey had better be made of gold.
And now that the eagle is off the endangered species list, you may have just invented a new dish.
If your tiny coffee is so great, then why don't you drink more of it?