How many espressos do you prepare each day? - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
JonR10

#11: Post by JonR10 »

Good question Tony...
How many I prepare vs. how many I drink

I toss out very few shots these days, mostly just when I'm dialing in something new.

On most weekdays I prepare 2 or 3 big doubles (using the 18g basket with 23g-25g dose) in the morning
Sometimes I'll prepare another 1 or 2 in the afternoon.

On weekends I'll make a cappa for my wife in the morning and sometimes on in the afternoon too, so add another 1 or 2 shots to prepare each day on the weekends.

Now, since I started using the Mahlkoenig Vario grinder I have been keeping beans in all of the grinder hoppers, so when I start a session I'll grind an extra dose on each grinder I'm using, usually this amounts to just 1 or 2 extra doses ground but not being prepared as shots - does that count?
Jon Rosenthal
Houston, Texas

Beezer

#12: Post by Beezer »

3-4 doubles on weekdays. Maybe 5 or 6 doubles on the weekend. About half are straight shots and the other half go into cappuccini.

I order 5 pound bags whenever possible, and freeze most of the coffee until I'm ready to use it. 5 pounds seems to last 3 - 4 weeks.
Lock and load!

another_jim
Team HB

#13: Post by another_jim »

One double for a cappa, 15 grams of darker roast; three for espresso, 15 grams of medium roast; then one cup brewed, 15 grams of lighter roast. About 75 grams of coffee per day. I don't do sink shots unless I'm testing something.
Jim Schulman

malachi

#14: Post by malachi »

Weekdays: 4-6 doubles
Weekends: 4-24 doubles
What's in the cup is what matters.

espressme

#15: Post by espressme »

Daily one or two ristrettos 15gr and 1.5oz in the cup. They are imbibed as one down the hatch and the other as a 3oz. machiatto or 5oz.latte.
Weekends, maybe a couple more each day when I have the time.
Cheers
-Richard
richard penney LMWDP #090,

drdna

#16: Post by drdna »

Around 6 double shots a day, from about 105 g of coffee including waste.
Adrian

howard seth

#17: Post by howard seth »

2 singles + 1 cappa is my typical daily consumption. The swallowing is over with before high noon.

Howard
Howie

darrensandford

#18: Post by darrensandford »

I make one double in the morning, occasionally one in the afternoon after work. I tend not to need to dial shots in, it seems. If I get one that's slightly fast or slightly slow, I tend to just drink it. Every now and again I get the odd gusher or crappy shot, which I will sink and start again.

I try not to over-grind, but I do waste a few grams of coffee per shot, either pushed off of the top of the basket with my finger or from brushing out the grinder.

RapidCoffee
Team HB

#19: Post by RapidCoffee »

Four doubles per day (mostly capps), about a pound a week.
John

Mark08859

#20: Post by Mark08859 »

Weekdays - Usually 2 in the AM (15 - 16 grams per cup).

Weekends - Same as above plus possibly 2 -3 more during days depending upon my whims/guests.