How many espresso machines do you have? - Page 4

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.

How many espresso machines do you have?

No votes
21%
27%
16%
13%
5 or more
23%

Total votes: 103

bmb

#31: Post by bmb »

Strega Top, my main machine.
Graef ES 90 (waiting for Service)

Two cupboards full of Mokas, siphons, creamers, grinders, filters and all kind of different coffee gear ...

If something, really exceptional, comes by I may consider ... otherwise I'm fine.

Bob_M

#32: Post by Bob_M »

I'll jump in here. Total of just two. First is an Elektra MCAL the second is a paddle version GS /3

beer&mathematics

#33: Post by beer&mathematics »

added another to the family since this thread began :twisted:
LMWDP #431

HB
Admin

#34: Post by HB »

Since there's interest, I've added a poll to this thread "How many espresso machines do you have?"
Dan Kehn

yakster
Supporter ♡

#35: Post by yakster »

beer&mathematics wrote:added another to the family since this thread began :twisted:
I was considering that too when I saw the nice Orange Mini Gaggia in BST.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#36: Post by pizzaman383 »

I have had two machines at a time for over a decade. Basically, as I upgraded I kept the older machine as a backup. More recently, I upgraded my backup so that it's PID'd and by using it in parallel with my VBM and continuing to tweak it I've got a backup that's pretty darn close to my primary machine.

My curiosity with levers and lack of will power when I saw a La Graziella in great shape on ebay has added a third machine to the stable. I find the lever thing interesting and oddly compelling but I'm not sure I want to switch.

My wife, brother, and friends all gave me crap when hearing about the third one. So, I think the slippery slope begins somewhere between two and three machines :lol:!

Note that I've had to use my backup machine about once per year dealing with maintenance issues, broken parts, while doing extensive cleaning, etc. so it's been good to have more than one. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

russel

#37: Post by russel »

My coffee stuff is always such a mess and constantly changing such that I never feel ready to post on the "show off your kit" threads, so yeah for this one!

Currently:
1 commercial 2grp HX, 6 domestic levers, 4 HX pumps, Franken-Twist

Lifetime:
24 levers, 19 pumps, 2 other
russel at anacidicandbitterbeverage dot com

galumay

#38: Post by galumay »

Izzo Pompeii is my main weapon, caravel with PID, Faemina Baby, a collection of about 5 more Caravels in various states of repair and a couple more Babies. Also a Sorrentina/Atomic.
LMWDP #322 i started with nothing.........i still have most of it.

drgary
Team HB

#39: Post by drgary »

You can never have too many Caravels ... at least until you start to corner the market.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

hoosierRoaster

#40: Post by hoosierRoaster »

Started with a Kenmore! Actually not bad. Then went to Saeco Sirena which was much better. Now I have a Splendor xpress commercial machine which I bought used and restored. I have only about $450 total in it. I should be good for a while :wink:

I also have many moka pots, but didn't count those as "machines".