How many espresso machines do you have? - Page 3

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.

How many espresso machines do you have?

No votes
21%
27%
16%
13%
5 or more
23%

Total votes: 103

SpaceTime

#21: Post by SpaceTime »

As of last December, I was down to ZERO machines, and looking for my next ONE, now I have THREE. LOL. How does that work?

I have two Creminas - an '83 and '89 - I would have been content with just the '89, but could not pass up the deal I got on the impeccably conditioned '83, so I bought it.

I have a recently purchased '85 Coffex - which has exceed my expectations far and away.

The Coffex / 89 Cremina occupy my kitchen station with an HG One (and Press / Drip stored below). For my needs, the Coffex / Cremina make a really practical, verstatile and cool combo. What is also nice, the two machines combined have about the same footprint as a larger semi-auto.

The 83 Cremina / Pharos combo is in my office. Laughingly, my office is 50 ft from my kitchen as I work from home, so those that thought I was actually being practical - WRONG - just OCD. :wink:
If I could just like crappy coffee again, it would sure save a lot of time and money!

Stereo Heathen

#22: Post by Stereo Heathen »

Zero.
Because an average barista's pay does not allow for such extravagance.
(And the place of employment eliminates much necessity.)

Duh bear

#23: Post by Duh bear »

I just have a Mypressi Twist. But who knows, at this rate that may turn into something more substantial.

Not2Bitter

#24: Post by Not2Bitter »

1960's-70's(from what I can gather) -Bezzera Family(Familia) lever, the crown jewel, an awesome little machine a lot like a Olympia club but with a spring lever thermosyphon, shot volume isn't the best but its temp stable and the shots are amazing

1990- Olympia Maximatic currently in pieces for some new paint and a new pump, but possibly my favorite machine

Pasquini Livia 90 -the most convenient of my machines, but probably produces the least complex and creamy espresso, this machine will eventually find its way into someone else home even tho I do like it

I also owned a La Pavoni pro for a short time but sold it to pay for the Family lever

TomC
Team HB

#25: Post by TomC »

I think I've gone thru something over 10. Even today, pulling shots on the Strega made me ask what else more do I really want or need. I'd love volumetric dosing at the push of the button, but that's about it. My modified Strega is so darn flexible that it doesn't leave me wanting for much.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

achipman

#26: Post by achipman »

On a fateful visit to Goodwill I happened across an $8 DeLonghi "toy" (as DrGary would probably call it). I decided to try the whole espresso thing. Quickly found that didn't produce espresso and gave it away.

Now I have a Gaggia 16002 I found on Craigslist.

To OP:

The price might be the issue. If you don't want to sell it for less, it sounds like you'd be in good company owning multiple machines! :D
"Another coffee thing??? I can't keep up with you... next you'll be growing coffee in our back yard." - My wife

Buffy_ZA

#27: Post by Buffy_ZA »

Well i am fairly new to this world of espresso, but i already have a La Pavoni Pro - Pre Mil and recently acquired Isomac Cafetera (was a good deal couldnt turn it down)...
LMWDP #473

bean2friends

#28: Post by bean2friends »

TomC wrote:I think I've gone thru something over 10. Even today, pulling shots on the Strega made me ask what else more do I really want or need. I'd love volumetric dosing at the push of the button, but that's about it.
I love my mini Vivaldi for the ease of use, especially for the Americanos with a little steamed milk I make every morning - sort of modified caps, designed to minimize milk consumption. The volumetric dosing is really convenient when I'm not seeking perfection. I have 2 Gaggias in the basement - a Baby Twin that was my first real machine. I use it now as my travel machine. And a Gaggia Coffee I got for free on Craig's List. The lady said the pump was broken, but it was just a machine that had never been cleaned. I put a Silvia steam wand on it. It'd be a nice starter machine for someone.

DanoM

#29: Post by DanoM »

Well, I'm back down to 2 machines. Both have "volumetric" dosing too - they are both levers so once the volume is pressed out you have been dosed! :wink:

Currently running a Bezzera Strega and La Pavoni Pro '84. Both great machines.
I did have an NS Oscar too, and it just went to a new home for someone's fathers' day gift.

This thread didn't ask about grinders... Maybe someone should start a grinder thread too. I currently have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 grinders that I would use for coffee around. My Baratza Vario went with the Oscar, otherwise the count would be 6.
Grinders:
Compak K10 #1
Compak K10 #2
Kludge grinder
La Pavoni PGC
Turkish mill
(In addition I think there are 2 whirly blade grinders for spices, but I'd never touch coffee with them.)
LMWDP #445

Not2Bitter

#30: Post by Not2Bitter »

TomC wrote:I think I've gone thru something over 10. Even today, pulling shots on the Strega made me ask what else more do I really want or need. I'd love volumetric dosing at the push of the button, but that's about it. My modified Strega is so darn flexible that it doesn't leave me wanting for much.
::cough:: Cimbali Jr Casa ::cough cough::