Help me abuse an espresso toy

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
UltramaticOrange

#1: Post by UltramaticOrange »

I've an espresso toy left over from my early days with espresso. I'm ready to abuse it. My wife came up with the idea of pumping watered down maple syrup through finely chopped bacon. I was thinking of pumping chicken broth through powdered garlic. Anyone try anything like this? Any success (or horror) stories?
If your tiny coffee is so great, then why don't you drink more of it?

Randy G.

#2: Post by Randy G. »

If it goes over pressure and the substance you put into it clogs the safety valve and other passages, it could get a lot more exciting than you had planned.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

UltramaticOrange (original poster)

#3: Post by UltramaticOrange (original poster) »

I fully expect that anything I do to a high-pressure device and the word "abuse" requires both caution and rendering it unusable before I toss it in the trash.
If your tiny coffee is so great, then why don't you drink more of it?

Jimmmy72

#4: Post by Jimmmy72 »

Why not start with something simple? Try pulling regular shots with vodka or grain alcohol instead of water. I have wanted to do it for a long time but worry about the consequences. I think you could make some really delicious stuff though.

Clint Orchuk

#5: Post by Clint Orchuk »

How about put on a bomb suit and call the fire department? Or alternatively, try pumping some 20 year old scotch through some Alaskan Thunderfunk. Like my dad said, "You'll never know until you try."

Randy G.

#6: Post by Randy G. »

Starting to sound like an episode of "Mythbusters." :wink:
Epoxy over the safety valve, epoxy seal the basket, and put it on a heat source. What's left should make a nice display piece. :shock:
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

yakster
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by yakster »

You should give it the Gold Label treatment. The old pump toy that I used for this never saw action again, but it was a blast!

[corrected link]
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

dustin360

#8: Post by dustin360 »

Oh man... I like your style!!! ok lets start off with steaming milk and pulling a shot with it. Next up brew up a syphon then quickly transfer the coffee you just brewed and pull a shot with it. Try it with the same coffee too, like brew up an el sal then pull a shot of the el sal with it. Then try pulling some shots, with other shots, to create a super shot! (i can keep going if you want?)Please film these as you do them, and then post it on this thread!!!!!!!!

allon

#9: Post by allon »

Make sure you cool the input side - feeding hot liquids into the vibe pump will probably destroy it in short order....
LMWDP #331

dustin360

#10: Post by dustin360 »

Are we talking about a mypressi, or a steam driven crappy espresso machine, or a crappy pump driven machine? I was thinking it was the first...

If its a pump machine, no need to quickly transfer hot liquids.