Greetings from Italian collector of small coffee makers - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Lvx (original poster)

#11: Post by Lvx (original poster) »

that's right! I was born in Triest and lived there since 7 years ago.
now i live nearby Gorizia few miles from my hometown.
Illy is one of the most popular but we have lots of mid and micro producers.
if you want to drink a good coffee... :mrgreen:

here is a translation from http://www.vitanuovatrieste.it/content/view/2206/35/
Trieste, a city of coffee. But not only for its centuries-old tradition which sees the opening in 1719 of an important and elegant café in the Piazza Grande, followed by the proliferation of literary cafes, and the strong consumption of the drink by its citizens (now about 10 kg per capita per year, almost twice the national average), but above all for the lively and diverse melting pot of business which was created in our small town, with the development of the product. Importers, shipping houses, insurance coverage for ad hoc, roasters, and more, for a turnover in that province alone produced in 2007, 500 million, employing over 800 people.

Today Trieste has 4 companies to wholesalers and importers (including Pacorini, the world's leading logistics of coffee), a dozen homes Shipping specialized fifteen roasters, one of the few plants in Italy Decaffeination (Demus) and is the seat of Silocaf, the first modern and still the most comprehensive in the world for processing (sorting and cleaning) of green coffee (not roasted), although other shippers of our port will be equipped to offer the same service A similar plant, owned by Pacorini, like that one of Trieste, is present only in New Orleans.

The port
Trieste is one of the major ports of arrival of the commodity in the Mediterranean by 1904, there lies the Bourse du Cafe, and the port is recognized on the London Stock Exchange as a port of delivery for coffee as "Robusta". In about 40 thousand square meters of warehouses, the port traffic of coffee in 2006 affected 40 million bags of 60 kg, of which more than half in transit to foreign destinations: in 2007 the city was awarded first place among the Italian airports with 27.16% for the clearance, followed by Savona and Genoa.

With an ever increasing spread of the consumption of coffee and espresso abroad, exports of the product Trieste toasted have now reached 30% of the product, but continue to increase steadily with rates of 20% per year.

The roasters
Already at the end of'800 Trieste roaster had 10. Today there are thirteen, with the majority of small size. Immediately after the Illy brand, the larger reality, we find Excelsior Coffee and Industry Amigos Cafe, followed closely by the other (Ancient Roasting, Triestina, Aromcaffé, Guatemala, Julius Meinl, Planet Coffee, Bazzara and San Giusto), many of which, view of the intense competition created mainly by stronger brands, have preferred to invest in abundance in a strategy of export in search of new markets abroad and in Eastern Europe.

Chapter in order to Hausbrandt and Cremcaffé, have maintained that despite its own brand were purchased by a Venetian first, and one of Bolzano to Vienna and then the second.
This was followed by the establishment of two new small roaster out of town by some of the family and Hausbrandt Prime Aroma of roasting, in Trieste, by Fabrizio Polojaz, former owner of Cremcaffè.

espressme

#12: Post by espressme »

Hello Lucio,
Thank you for posting the photos! Your display shelves and style are magnificent.I had no idea there were so many possibilities! Now when someone talks about 'my madness...' I can direct them to your photos! :D
I hope you post often with your own Italian flavored views of the coffee scene.
Cheers
-Richard
richard penney LMWDP #090,

Advertisement
Lvx (original poster)

#13: Post by Lvx (original poster) »

Thank you , Richard , i'll do it.
here is my last "baby" :mrgreen:

espressme

#14: Post by espressme »

What a beautiful vacuum balance!! I want one!!
Cheers
-Richard
richard penney LMWDP #090,

Lvx (original poster)

#15: Post by Lvx (original poster) »

It's a Spiral AG "Odette". It should be (at least) 30 years old.
I was daily monitoring the ebay europe since 2 years to find a perfect one like this. :wink:

Maybe you will never obtain a great coffee, but a spectacular coffee... always! :mrgreen: