Good morning! Getting used to my Quick Mill Profiles and new Acme Cappuccino

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
JimL

#1: Post by JimL »

First pour into my new Acme Cappuccino cup. Have owned the Quick Mill Andreja Profiles and K30 for around two weeks now. This is a Caffe Lusso Lionshare, dosed at 18.4g, with an 31g extract, using 10 seconds preinfusion at 3.4bar and increasing to 9.4 bar for 15 seconds with a 7bar finish. Total shot is around 38s inc preinfusion. Absolutely love the taste, better than any Cappuccino I've had in recent memory.

I am finding that my VST 18g basket is borderline for this, but I love the results, and the puck looks good after. Dosing into a larger IMS triple gives me a more muddy puck and needs dosing a lot more. I have lots to learn :)

wachuko

#2: Post by wachuko »

Very nice!!

Beautiful cup!

And thank you for providing the spec on that cappuccino!
Searching for that perfect espresso!

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

Advertisement
JimL (original poster)

#3: Post by JimL (original poster) »

Thanks Jaime, love the cup!

JimL (original poster)

#4: Post by JimL (original poster) »

rand

#5: Post by rand »

I love Acme cups! Beautiful color choice. I first noticed Acme cups while at a coffee bar in New Orleans called Mammoth espresso and I believe they had the same color of cups as well. I am thinking about getting a set for myself and I love that they make the handles on their cups sizeable enough to fit a finger through. I hate that I can't on ancap cups.
Product development & Training. Car enthusiast. Roasting every now and then.

Ellejaycafe

#6: Post by Ellejaycafe »

JimL wrote:<image>
What kind of cups are these?! I need these in my life
LMWDP #544

Balthazar_B

#7: Post by Balthazar_B replying to Ellejaycafe »

I think it's a NotNeutral Lino cappuccino cup. http://www.notneutral.com/coffee/lino-c ... -of-6.html
- John

LMWDP # 577

Advertisement
Ellejaycafe

#8: Post by Ellejaycafe replying to Balthazar_B »

I figured that out. Funny story.... I was looking at the picture in the car with my sunglasses on and it looked like it faded from blue to white. I am wrong now that I look at it again :oops:
LMWDP #544

JimL (original poster)

#9: Post by JimL (original poster) replying to Ellejaycafe »

I can see that, likely some reflection caused a blue tint at that angle. I have a mix of Not Neutral, ACF and Ancap cups, along with some other odds and ends. The Not Neutral works well in a small double as it's not overly thick, but just right.

jfrescki

#10: Post by jfrescki »

Post a video if you get the chance. I have yet to see just a basic shot of the "profiles" in action, hear what the gear pump sounds like, etc. Quick Mill's video is artsy, and there's nothing really on youtube.
Write to your Congressman. Even if he can’t read, write to him.
- Will Rogers