Folgers Instant FAQ

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Psyd

#1: Post by Psyd »

Q. I'm having trouble with my equipment. What could the problem be?
A. Probably the spoon, but it could be the cup. Neither are user serviceable, so they'd, unfortunately, need to be replaced. Check with your local second-hand stores for examples that would suit your lifestyle.

Q. My coffee is too hot, what can I do?
A. Don't microwave it so long.

Q. My coffee doesn't stay hot long enough, what can I do?
A. Microwave it some more.

Q. My coffee is too weak, what can I do?
A. Adjust your dose. Yo may need to upgrade your spoon.

Q. I have many cups, but one of them holds a lot of water. How should I adjust my dosage to accommodate the larger (32 oz) travel cup?
A. Check the label. The label is the middle ground for an eight ounce cup of coffee, so you'll want to multiply your normal adjustment from that by four for the thirty-two ounce BuzzBuster.

Q. My mom has discovered a jar of Instant Crystals in the back of her cupboard from the late seventies, are they still good?
A. What part of 'Freeze-Dried' are you having trouble understanding?

Q. I'm becoming bored with just dissolving the crystals in hot water, what else can I do?
A. You can eat them directly from the jar, with your spoon, or use the spoon to sprinkle them over cakes, ice cream, meats, or vegetables for a coffee-like-flavoured treat of any kind.

Q. I get a pain in the right cheek when I drink Folger's Instant Coffee Crystals, what could be causing that?
A. We recommend that you remove the spoon after use.
Espresso Sniper
One Shot, One Kill

LMWDP #175

yakster
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by yakster »

I see you've tried their new "Black Silk" product, "Finally! A Folgers that even coffee snobs will enjoy" (http://www.viewpoints.com).

Sadly, I have not had the "pleasure" and as I've never tried Starbucks Via, even if I had I couldn't make a comparison.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

A2chromepeacock

#3: Post by A2chromepeacock »

@yakster: In order to enjoy Via, all you have to do is wipe your mental slate clean!

After you've dealt with ridding yourself of supratentorial function, it'll taste great. trust in the starbucks:

http://www.starbucks.com/coffee/starbuc ... hoto,video
Derek
LMWDP #139

yakster
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by yakster »

To clarify, it looks like Black Silk is not instant, just pre-ground dark roast.

Sorry for any confusion, no refunds.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272