The eternal search for the perfect drinking cup - Page 37

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
sqroot3

#361: Post by sqroot3 »

does anyone sell Handsome Coffee Roaster cups? surely they must have had a few left over what with the transition...or are they still using the same cups at the new blue bottle?

Boldjava

#362: Post by Boldjava »

Fluffeepuff wrote:Did you attempt to get it replaced by the seller? Or just living with it??
Got a note from them this evening and they are shipping a cup out today. Very responsive.
-----
LMWDP #339

Fluffeepuff

#363: Post by Fluffeepuff replying to Boldjava »

That's great! I'm glad Not Neutral has such great customer service... I'll definitely be purchasing their 6oz cappuccino cups when I get my setup. Thanks for the follow-up!

cannonfodder (original poster)
Team HB

#364: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Boldjava wrote:Bought 6 mugs and agree with comfort, look, and heat retention. One of the mugs immediately developed a crazing on the handle of the mug.
You should see the coffee mug I have been using for the past 6 ot 7 years in the office. It is crazed so bad on the inside it looks like an aerial map of the amazon river. Still works. My daughter got it for me long, long ago so I have no intention of replacing it. I also like the saying on the outside. 'You know you have drank too much coffee when you dont sweat, you percolate.'
Dave Stephens

ellainejones

#365: Post by ellainejones »

I just opened my small cafe in our area. I had been struggling looking for the perfect cup for takeaway. I'm very particular with the kind materials used for a cup & it's style. So I came across with Mycafesupplies and I love their cups - sturdy, environment-friendly and affordable! Been using them for more than six months.

doubleOsoul

#366: Post by doubleOsoul »

mariobarba wrote:When I finished my shot I turned the cup over to see who the manufacturer was. ACME. A google search later led me to a New Zealand based company. I found a Canadian online reseller but the sticker shock is pretty hefty for a ceramic cup. http://www.eightouncecoffee.ca/index.cf ... me--co.cfm

Anyone else ever try these cups?
Those cups are up there alright. Are they heavy like old Jadeite restaurant ware or heavier? The blue tulip cups are sweet.

OldNuc

#367: Post by OldNuc replying to doubleOsoul »

You maybe referencing the Ironstone brand/type lunch counter coffee mugs.

csader

#368: Post by csader »

I picked up a few of Acme's demitasse and flat white cups on a trip to New Zealand and love them! I need to order some of their larger cups too.

Martin

#369: Post by Martin »

I like Illy's espresso, cappuccino, and mugs. Good balance, a bit of panache, and consistency across all cups. This last point is important (or at least pleasing) to me. Possible to mix and match drinks and maintain aesthetic feeling of a "set."
Heat + Beans = Roast. All the rest is commentary.

Chert

#370: Post by Chert »

There is a very recent thread which I cannot find. I wanted to post this to that one. Maybe they should be merged.

I look out for ACF cups. That company got wall thickness right. I splurged on the Caffe Vita cup but the bowl was $.50 at local junk shop.

Here is also one that I get a kick out of: Tiki from Italy by way of the Vineyard Haven thrift shop for $1.50
LMWDP #198