The eternal search for the perfect drinking cup - Page 33

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
KAW

#321: Post by KAW »

yakster wrote:Not sure if it should be posted here or on the The craziest %#*$ing thing I've seen all day... thread, but what about these Baby Head cups? http://www.babyheadglasses.com/
Reminds me of the Puking Kitty Gravy Boat, the best (or worst) white elephant gift ever!

WARNING: Do not watch the video if your stomach gets easily upset or you have an aversion to Green Chile Salsa!

http://pukingkittysaucyboat.com/

UltramaticOrange

#322: Post by UltramaticOrange replying to KAW »

While I like the concept (my sense of humor at play), that cat is not in the puking position.
If your tiny coffee is so great, then why don't you drink more of it?

KAW

#323: Post by KAW replying to UltramaticOrange »

LOL! Being a dog lover myself, I'll have to defer to your expertise in this matter.

Aaron

#324: Post by Aaron »

KAW wrote:I saw pics of the Lucaffe cups several pages back and wanted to post a couple of mine. Sure would like to know the character names for all these if anyone knows. The one referred to earlier as Willie Dixon I think is Mr. Exclusive. But I'm not sure if they are all the same character or not?

I have one of the Blucaffe in color. They are usually just printed in blue. I have seen the character on the motorcycle referred to as Mr. Exclusive, but why Marilyn Monroe?

<image>
Those are great Lucaffe cups. I have only seen the motorcycle cup in blue, your color version is neat. Your handles are also different than mine. My handles are closed.
“The powers of a man's mind are proportionate to the quantity of coffee he drinks” - James McKintosh

Aaron

#325: Post by Aaron »

These are my latest cup acquisitions. The red cup is from Red Whale coffee in California. The green cup is the 2013 art collection "Spring Biker" from Orphan Espresso. Both of these are Inker Tina cups. The orange and purple cups are from Tusso Espresso in Greece. The orange cup has directions for making espresso on the inside of the lip. The purple cup is their hot chocolate cup and has directions on the inside of the lip as well. The Tusso cups are difficult to come by outside of Greece due to their limited production.
“The powers of a man's mind are proportionate to the quantity of coffee he drinks” - James McKintosh

KAW

#326: Post by KAW »

Aaron wrote:Those are great Lucaffe cups. I have only seen the motorcycle cup in blue, your color version is neat. Your handles are also different than mine. My handles are closed.
Thanks I like yours also, especially the black/white with the black saucer. I did notice your handles having the "L".

But why Marilyn Monroe in a sidecar?

Aaron

#327: Post by Aaron »

I'm not sure why Marilyn Monroe is on the cups too. I tried Googling it but wasn't able to come up with any answers. Maybe because she looks good :D

KAW

#328: Post by KAW replying to Aaron »

I'm just curious. I'm sure they had to license the use of her image.

But then again, maybe not:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2012/se ... age-rights

Boldjava

#329: Post by Boldjava »

chipman wrote:Although,quite a bit more expensive, these cups from Heath ceramics are really high quality and locally made.

http://www.heathceramics.com/catalog/pr ... ry/3/#p195
+1.

When we were in San Francisco last week, the Yakster hosted us on a crawl. One of our stops was at Blue Bottle, with the adjacent Heath Ceramics shop. I had a macchiato in this cup. It is perfectly balanced and elegant. The handle deceives and has a wonderful feel between the fingers. We spent 30 minutes in Heath's but I surprised myself, resisting the buy on the cups -- just have too many at home already.

-----
LMWDP #339

RioCruz

#330: Post by RioCruz »

Boldjava wrote:We spent 30 minutes in Heath's but I surprised myself, resisting the buy on the cups -- just have too many at home already.
You and me, too, Dave. This is the front of my cup/tamper stand:

and this is the other side:

There's another dozen cups up on the top shelf of the cupboard.

Too many tampers, too!

The sad part is I hardly ever use the cups...preferring a shot glass to them. :roll:
"Nobody loves your coffee more than you do."
~James Freeman, Blue Bottle