ECM Tamper Stand

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by FotonDrv »

Just a friendly warning that this tamper stand, although made beautifully and functions perfectly for certain Portafilters, is NOT made as Whole Latte Love is saying in their web site.

I purchased one believing what was in the site's description and was a bit disappointed to receive this. Not upset enough to send it back but it is something that should be known. They advertise that it is made out of STAINLESS STEEL , and it is not, it is aluminum and is stated so on the box clearly when you first look at the front of the box.

I could have easily made the aluminum but thought what the hey, someone made one out of stainless at a reasonable price so I purchased it. So much for detail and sales.

https://www.wholelattelove.com/products ... er-station
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

lcats

#2: Post by lcats »

I've used my ECM tamper stand with LM portafilters for some time. Yes it is aluminum and yes the top of it has gotten a bit bunged and scratched, but it works very well as a support and has become a necessary part of my workflow. A bit pricey and one could make something similar if one had the skill, but I'm sticking with mine.

Advertisement
Todd Salzman
Sponsor

#3: Post by Todd Salzman »

Oooops, sorry about the error. If you ever see anything we have that is not correct please let us know right away so we can fix it. We would be happy to credit for your purchase and I'll make sure we get the website fixed right away.
Please send me an e mail at todd@wholelattelove.com and let me know your order number so I can look you up and get the credit done asap.
Sorry about that.
Todd Sazman
Todd Salzman
Whole Latte Love

SonVolt

#4: Post by SonVolt »

FotonDrv wrote:Just a friendly warning that this tamper stand, although made beautifully and functions perfectly for certain Portafilters, is NOT made as Whole Latte Love is saying in their web site.

I purchased one believing what was in the site's description and was a bit disappointed to receive this. Not upset enough to send it back but it is something that should be known. They advertise that it is made out of STAINLESS STEEL , and it is not, it is aluminum and is stated so on the box clearly when you first look at the front of the box.

I could have easily made the aluminum but thought what the hey, someone made one out of stainless at a reasonable price so I purchased it. So much for detail and sales.

https://www.wholelattelove.com/products ... er-station

How do you like it otherwise? I've contemplated buying this tamping stand in the past but ultimately went with a Cafelat stand. It looks like you're tamping on a pivot - does that cause any issues with level tamping?

FotonDrv (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by FotonDrv (original poster) »

As I stated in the Post I like it and it does work for some PF's. The bent handle PF's do not work but the straight handle works just fine.

I also have the old style Cafelat PF stand and it works better for a light thump of the PF. But this new stand from ECM will not accidentally drop the PF on the counter by sliding off of it.

FotonDrv (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by FotonDrv (original poster) »

Todd Salzman wrote:Oooops, sorry about the error. If you ever see anything we have that is not correct please let us know right away so we can fix it. We would be happy to credit for your purchase and I'll make sure we get the website fixed right away.
Please send me an e mail at todd@wholelattelove.com and let me know your order number so I can look you up and get the credit done asap.
Sorry about that.
Todd Sazman
Not necessary Todd, as I stated in the Post the Tamper/PF Stand works great and the labeling/listing of it in your site was not correct. Informational only and not worth hassle on each end.

Cheers!
Stephen Sweeney
ovrthhl@me.com

tohenk2

#7: Post by tohenk2 »

FotonDrv wrote:Not necessary Todd, as I stated in the Post the Tamper/PF Stand works great and the labeling/listing of it in your site was not correct. Informational only and not worth hassle on each end.
Still - good service!