Does Anyone Know What These Parts Are?

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
someone828

#1: Post by someone828 »

A local cafe closed down and I came into posession of some of their equipment. The problem is, I don't know what much of it is. Any information at all, even just a name, would be highly appreciated. Some of it is obvious, but I am hoping for more detailed information if possible. Thanks in advance.

Picture 1:

Picture 2:

Picture 3:

Picture 4:

Picture 5:

Picture 6:

Picture 7:

Picture 8:

Picture 9:

Picture 10:

Picture 11:

Picture 12:

Picture 13:

Picture 14:

Picture 15:

Picture 16:

Picture 17:

Picture 18:

Picture 19:

Psyd

#2: Post by Psyd »

The first one is a gicar flow meter, and if I have it right, tells the semi-auto machine how much water has passed to auto dose the espresso.
The second is the steam boiler (or just boiler, depending on what kind of machine it's from) manometer. It tells you the temperature by showing the pressure in the sealed boiler. If it works, that might have to be my cut for coming up with the info, as I need one! ; >
Three is a multi-pole switch, used to fire up an espresso machine, and turn on and off different circuits, much like an automobile ignition switch.
Four is a series of valves, I'm not sure about the right one, but the center and left are steam and hot water. Or maybe left is steam, and there are two hot water valves on the center and right positions. In any case...
Five is a copper tube with fittings on it, used to carry water or steam from one part of a machine to another. Depends on the machine and it's location as to what it specifically does.
Six is a mystery, partly because of the angle an partly because of the focus.
Seven is a coupla electromagnets from a three way solenoid valve, and an older used (but probably still working if it was saved) one. They'll need the rest of the parts to be useful.
Eight and Nine are filter baskets. These go into the portafilter to keep the espresso grounds from going right into the cup. They are the high-pressure espresso equivalent of the paper filter in a drip coffee system. Eight looks like doubles, but that's just a guess, and Nine looks like a single.
Ten is a mystery to me, in much the same way that Six was.
Eleven looks like one of the parts that goes with the electromagnets on teh three-way valve, but I can't be sure.
Twelve is a heating element.
Thirteen is another set of valves, either steam or water.
Fourteen is a switch.
Fifteen looks to be an entire three-way valve assembly,
Sixteen 'appears' to be the electrical connection for that three-way valve.
Seventeen is a coupla elbow connections for plumbing, possibly for an espresso machine. And some other thing I can't identify.
Eighteen is a buncha plastic plumbing parts, and if I had to guess, it'd be for filtration and treatment of water on it's way to an espresso machine, but it's just a SWAG.
and I betcha Nineteen is a knob for one of the steam or water valves that you've pictured earlier.

Didja get a machine from this shop, too, or just these assorted parts? If you got the machine that these are spares for, they may be priceless. On their own, the may not be worth the shipping in some cases. For an older, rarer machine, they'd be really handy, but some of the more valuable parts would want to come with some sort of warranty of usefulness to be worth selling for anything resembling what they'd pay for a similar part from a reputable dealer.
Espresso Sniper
One Shot, One Kill

LMWDP #175

stefano65
Sponsor

#3: Post by stefano65 »

Picture four the left one is a bun flow regulator
the valves looks like Brasilia ones
six is a M&M s 2 ways solenoid valve
twelve Mini Wega or La pavoni one group H.E.
eleven and sixteen is ether a flowmeter connector or a solenoid valve connector ( depends on the size)
seventeen the "other " parts is a MATER pressurestat without the microswitch attached
Stefano Cremonesi
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repairs & sales from Oregon.

Psyd

#4: Post by Psyd »

That's it. Stefano's gets my order for the parts to rebuild my Pavoni!

I'll be sending you some pics and a Paypal, buddy! ; >
Espresso Sniper
One Shot, One Kill

LMWDP #175

someone828 (original poster)

#5: Post by someone828 (original poster) »

Thank you both for all the help, I never could have figured out what all of these are without your responses. And no, I didn't get a machine from the shop, just all of these parts.