Damaged Crossland CC1 - not sure what to do...

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
jjoel

#1: Post by jjoel »

Sent my machine (under warranty) back to seattle coffee gear and it got smashed on the way. So I file my claim with UPS and that's still in process apparently. Today my espresso machine lands back at my doorstep without my original packaging/padding and it's pretty much trashed (here's hoping I get my insurance money back).

So anyway - Now I have a trashed CC1 (still technically under warranty... but not) and I'm wondering if anyone is interested in parts. I'm guessing the control board is toast on it (the reason why i sent it back) but the boiler and heating element worked when it left my house.

Ugh... now for another cup of percolator coffee.

orphanespresso
Sponsor

#2: Post by orphanespresso »

Do not dispose of any part of it until after your claim is completed - UPS may required that you hand over the machine in order to receive compensation... After you have the check in hand, and they don't pick it up, then you can dispose of the parts...

Advertisement
bean2friends

#3: Post by bean2friends replying to orphanespresso »

The voice of experience I reckon!

Eastsideloco

#4: Post by Eastsideloco »

For the benefit of future shippers, Dan posted links to some espresso machine packing recommendations:

Packing espresso equipment for shipment

jjoel (original poster)

#5: Post by jjoel (original poster) »

thanks... i'll refer it to it next time. I hope to get a machine that will never need to be sent back for repair. I thought I had it packaged adequately but apparently not.

beer&mathematics

#6: Post by beer&mathematics »

Ups is the f'n worst. Expensive and their employees take joy in trashing boxes.
LMWDP #431

Billc

#7: Post by Billc »

Not sure how bad it is but I am always available to help. After you get your claim settled send me an email and I am happy to help with what ever you need.

BillC