The craziest %#*$ing thing I've seen all day... - Page 190

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
sweaner

#1891: Post by sweaner »

Thought this was interesting.
Scott
LMWDP #248

drgary
Team HB

#1892: Post by drgary »

I've been thinking of my next project machine and had my eye on vintage La Pavonis. Many of you know how it is. You window shop online to take a break, do that a few times and it becomes a bit of an obsession. That project won't start right away because I'll fund it by rebuilding an Oscar. But anyway I've had peacocks on my mind. So we're driving to dinner last night and see some colorful birds crossing the road. Talk about the original La Pavoni ...

Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Compass Coffee

#1893: Post by Compass Coffee »

My first thought was they cost $250-$300 a piece for an exotic reverse sear smoked poultry Q dinner! Maybe one of these days. :lol:
drgary wrote:I've been thinking of my next project machine and had my eye on vintage La Pavonis. Many of you know how it is. You window shop online to take a break, do that a few times and it becomes a bit of an obsession. That project won't start right away because I'll fund it by rebuilding an Oscar. But anyway I've had peacocks on my mind. So we're driving to dinner last night and see some colorful birds crossing the road. Talk about the original La Pavoni ...

<image>
Mike McGinness

spaz2

#1894: Post by spaz2 »

1+ on most rocks in Yemens

spaz2

#1895: Post by spaz2 »

Love it! How is your Gin recipe?

Randy G.

#1896: Post by Randy G. »

spaz2 wrote:1+ on most rocks in Yemens
When I was getting Yemen the "rocks" were bits of concrete from the decaying drying pads. If that counts' then yes, the Yemen had the most of all coffees I have gotten.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

yakster
Supporter ♡

#1897: Post by yakster »

Hair Care as coffee parts, works in a pinch when you break the glass catch cup (it rolled off the counter at work). I saved off the styling putty in a covered ramekin, the ones I normally use to put my shaving soap pucks in, and the product was $1 off so it's a win-win.

I did clean it out pretty well, ground Starbucks holiday blend into it, ran it through the dishwasher, and ground more Starbucks holiday blend in it to get out any styling putty smell. It holds 25 grams of coffee. I keep the bag of Starbucks around for deodorizer and other projects. It was sure easy to grind in my Lido 2 compared to my lighter roasts.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

keno

#1898: Post by keno »

Bet this was someone on HB. Who is going to fess up? :wink:

Man banned from US Airways after mid-flight Aeropress incident

yakster
Supporter ♡

#1899: Post by yakster »

Wow, I guess I missed the news about the ban on in-flight brewing devices.

I guess the best option is to brew at the terminal in an Impress / Presse which keeps the coffee hot for hours, or just forgo coffee.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#1900: Post by JohnB. »

Remember that it is April Fools Day.
LMWDP 267