hg-one.com: tools for building better coffee

The craziest %#*$ing thing I've seen all day... - Page 134

Postby doubleOsoul on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:42 pm

tamarian wrote:This was posted on Sprudge, "sh** Baristas say"

Boo hoo... link didn't work. Vinyl and coffee ... must be seen.
Ways to win my heart:buy me coffee, make me coffee, be coffee
doubleOsoul

bodkacoffee.com: good beans = good times
bodkacoffee.com: good beans = good times

Postby tamarian on Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:18 am

Needed a refresher to make Chemix, so went to brewmethods.com and picked this video from Verve, a bit over the top!
tamarian

Postby drgary on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:27 am

Thank you Wa'il. I disagree with you though. A bit over the top??? :lol:
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!
drgary
Team HB

Postby LaDan on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:14 pm

LaDan

Postby sashaman on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:55 pm

This gave me a chuckle. Someone posted a question on reddit asking "What is the snobbiest subreddit you have ventured into?" (Subreddits are topic-specific forums). The winner by a landslide: r/coffee.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comme.../?sort=top
sashaman

Postby Bob_McBob on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:26 pm

The worst thing about it is that the coffee sub-reddit is by far the most pedestrian and newbie-friendly coffee discussion forum I have come across. Saying anything bad about places like Starbucks is actively frowned upon, and your favourite instant coffee or pre-ground are legitimate discussion topics. Specialized sub-reddits often try to cater to the entire range of experience and interest levels like this, which is the main reason I don't post over there very often.

Unfortunately, as can plainly be seen in the replies, a rather large portion of the general public is going to view anything beyond Folgers brewed in a $10 coffee maker as extreme snobbery, no matter how inviting, inclusive, or friendly the discussion. The OP in the "snobbiest sub-reddit" post does not understand why people with any remotely special interest in coffee would object to discussing flavoured K-Cups, or even why K-Cups have a bad reputation. He just sees a bunch of snobs talking trash about his coffee.
Chris
Bob_McBob

Postby sashaman on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:51 pm

Yeah, I was kind of thinking "Sheesh, if they think r/coffee is snobby..." And ironically, all the posts I've ever seen in r/coffee about K-cups have been helpful. They usually kindly point out the limitations of single-serve brews, but also highlight their convenience and reliability.

On a good note, though, in the "any publicity is good publicity" category, note that a lot of comments in the "reply" post, http://www.reddit.com/r/Coffee/comments...o_is_here/ , are along the lines of "I'm glad that snobbery post hit the front page, because I never knew this subreddit existed, and now I'm subscribed."

I admit, though, I kind of like to see these posts every now and then - if anything it's a good reminder never to take anything too seriously.
sashaman

Postby Randy G. on Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:11 pm

sashaman wrote:I admit, though, I kind of like to see these posts every now and then - if anything it's a good reminder never to take anything too seriously.

..and to be careful what questions you ask as you may not like the answers!
Espresso! My Espresso!
http://www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
Randy G.

Postby phillip canuck on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:52 am

http://rockies.craigslist.org/app/3445237155.html

Act NOW..

Two different La San Marco Espresso machines. $800 each or $1400 for both.

phillip canuck

Postby Eastsideloco on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:14 pm

This cracked me up:

There is no explicit coffee connection, but some of the aesthetics are shared.
Eastsideloco