Coffee tasting robot

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
TrlstanC

#1: Post by TrlstanC »

While I'm initial hesitant of something like this robot if it means that the next generation of super-super autos in cafes around the country can weed out the sink shots before they get to me, it might be worth it.

starry

#2: Post by starry »

In the immortal words of Artie Johnson....."Verrrrry interesting!"
Ralph Walter

roastaroma

#3: Post by roastaroma »

"My sensors indicate premature blonding. I would advise using the WDT and Stockfleth's Maneuver."
"Non è la macchina, è la mano."
LMWDP #223

cafeIKE

#4: Post by cafeIKE »

Reminds me of a test years ago wherein whisky was shipped from Scotland to mature in America and Japan. Didn't quite make the grade.

danno

#5: Post by danno »

...The future is here. Or was that a minute ago?

Coffee Machine Can Taste the Difference Between Good and Bad Coffee
The machine analyzes the gas espresso gives off when created, translating combinations of ions into descriptions like "roasted, flowery, woody, toffee and acidity." It was created by chemical engineers at Nestle in Switzerland, and will be used as a quality control device in the coffee industry, and perhaps even now is being used for Nespresso coffees.
:wink:

HB
Admin

#6: Post by HB »

The blurb includes "This machine can taste the quality in your cup of espresso, and can identify coffee types nearly as accurately as a panel of trained espresso tasters." I wonder if its instant analysis includes a "swill alert: do not serve" to the single serve's dispensing unit. Doubt it...
Dan Kehn

AndyS

#7: Post by AndyS »

HB wrote:The blurb includes "This machine can taste the quality in your cup of espresso, and can identify coffee types nearly as accurately as a panel of trained espresso tasters."
Hmmm...I wonder how the machine feels about monsooned malabar? :-)
-AndyS
VST refractometer/filter basket beta tester, no financial interest in the company