Coffee Snobs by Funny or Die

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
coffee.me

#1: Post by coffee.me »

"Beans before machines" --coffee.me ;-)

Spitz.me

#2: Post by Spitz.me »

It was funny, but as a self-proclaimed coffee snob, I also think baristas acting like that is stupid and lame.

Is this going to turn into another Starbucks flame war? lol
LMWDP #670

entropyembrace

#3: Post by entropyembrace »

hmmm I goto Transcend and Credo and the baristas are always friendly and helpful and both places are usually full of people happily drinking their lattes and no line...though I usually only get bags of beans to use at home.

The closest I've ever seen to that kind of behavior was from a bag of coffee sitting in the supermarket...it wanted me to scan it with my (non-existant) iphone before it would tell me the roast date. :roll:

BruceB

#4: Post by BruceB »

I've had that initial vibe before in some of the 'high end' (better?) coffee shops, but to be absolutely fair after talking to a few barista's about coffee all that really happened was that I rapidly found myself out of my depth as I was swept away in a storm of enthusiastic knowledge :lol:

I guess some people could feel threatened by people who know more than them. I just learnt more!

I read a few of the comments, and despite being a funny video I didn't see anyone making comments about irritating people who a) order stuff that isn't listed (like the green tea) or b) order Starbucks drinks which have bastardised the names from true coffee drinks (a small mine field I'm only just becoming aware of).
It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science.
Grimes - Black Hawk Down

pavman

#5: Post by pavman »

Many would call me a coffee snob. And I think it's cool that some high-end shops will not put milk in certain coffees.

But that video is pretty damn funny, I think. :D I see it not so much as a stern rebuke, but as an affectionate satire by people well-versed in the terrain.

nixter

#6: Post by nixter »

Heh, that was kind of funny. The only time I experienced anything like this was at the Intelli cafe in Venice. My friend wanted a vanilla latte. "We don't do that here" #smugface

boar_d_laze

#7: Post by boar_d_laze »

Needed more tattoos.

BDL
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator