Coffee ink pen

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
cannonfodder
Team HB

#1: Post by cannonfodder »

Yes, a coffee ink pen. The body is is composed of real coffee beans in a white matrix. I do not think it is acrylic, too soft. After I turned the pen, my workshop smelled like coffee. I gave it a few coats of catalysed urethane to seal the coffee beans and give it a nice shine. Interesting stuff, and yes it was a little difficult to turn.

Dave Stephens

Randy G.

#2: Post by Randy G. »

Very nice, Dave. I like it. The white/cream color really sets off the beans, and one has to take a second look to see that they actually are real beans...

Now, if you can do it with a fountain pen, and distill your own ink from espresso.... :wink:
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

BruceB

#3: Post by BruceB »

That is a stunning piece of work! Do you make them professionally or as a hobby?
It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science.
Grimes - Black Hawk Down

cannonfodder (original poster)
Team HB

#4: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Just for fun. I do have one guy that buys them from me and resells them on his web page.

That is my cappuccino pen. I should change the barrels and put a fountain tip in it then pick up some brown ink just for fun. I wonder when the roasted on date was?
Dave Stephens

Bob_McBob

#5: Post by Bob_McBob »

Randy G. wrote:Now, if you can do it with a fountain pen, and distill your own ink from espresso.... :wink:
Chris

JmanEspresso

#6: Post by JmanEspresso »

Wow Dave! Awesome stuff.. You really don't notice the beans are real until really looking at it. Very cool!