Barista Bling Photo Contest Entries - Page 8

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
AndyS

#71: Post by AndyS »

wildbwilson wrote:And here's number 2. The harsh reality of the counter on a typical morning.
That's harsh, all right. Who's gonna clean up? :)
-AndyS
VST refractometer/filter basket beta tester, no financial interest in the company

GVDub
Supporter ♡

#72: Post by GVDub »

Here's my very modest contribution. The spalted maple tamper from Thor that just arrived today.

"Experience is a comb nature gives us after we are bald."
Chinese Proverb
LMWDP#238

Advertisement
dsc

#73: Post by dsc »

Hi guys,

thought I would join as well, perhaps not the most awesome photos (or even a bit shite) but still I like the bokeh on the first one (although a shot glass is far from barista bling, on the other hand it took me almost 2 years to bring it back from Poland to the UK). The second one shows a nice Juan cup from a friend of mine and the recently added PID's from Nicholas:):

[too bad I haven't got enough light in the kitchen to do proper photos]

Regards,
dsc.

jorgen83

#74: Post by jorgen83 »

Beautiful stuff everybody, it just seems that only a few people here have ever heard of the golden ratio, or it's little brother the rule of thirds (not the cappuccino one).

Elbasso

#75: Post by Elbasso »

If that's so, why don't you shed some light on the topic?

Bas
Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity.

Marshall_S

#76: Post by Marshall_S »

This is my wife's handiwork. It is two images, she photographed, which were then blended together.

Enjoy!
LMWDP#384

jorgen83

#77: Post by jorgen83 »

Elbasso wrote:If that's so, why don't you shed some light on the topic?

Bas
Sure:

http://jakegarn.com/the-rule-of-thirds/

Advertisement
another_jim
Team HB

#78: Post by another_jim »

jorgen83 wrote:Beautiful stuff everybody, it just seems that only a few people here have ever heard of the golden ratio, or it's little brother the rule of thirds (not the cappuccino one).
2/3rds of the posted pics follow the rule of thirds. In some metaphysical sense, that's perfect compliance.
Jim Schulman

RegulatorJohnson

#79: Post by RegulatorJohnson »

Divide the frame in thirds horizontally and vertically. Where the lines intersect is where the focal interesting thing should be or you can put the item of interest in the boxes that are created by dividing the frame. That's what I remember from my two dimensional design class.

Jon
2012 BGA SW region rep. Roaster@cognoscenti LA

jorgen83

#80: Post by jorgen83 »

another_jim wrote:2/3rds of the posted pics follow the rule of thirds. In some metaphysical sense, that's perfect compliance.
Really, then why is 2/3rds perfectly centered? :P