Arist coffee machine (Kickstarter) - Page 9

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Paul_Pratt

#81: Post by Paul_Pratt »

I reckon they have had a busy December working out what to do. That "spec sheet" seems more like a wish list when first dreaming of a concept. No surprise to anyone here that the dimensions are vastly different to the "prototype".

AlexKilpatrick

#82: Post by AlexKilpatrick »

With Arist, you can say goodbye to scenes like this:

It is amazing how accurately they capture my espresso making routine...

Anyone recognize the machine in this shot? DeLonghi?

Bob_McBob

#83: Post by Bob_McBob »

Chris

SpromoSapiens

#84: Post by SpromoSapiens »

AlexKilpatrick wrote:
They'd have to zoom out to capture mine. I like to keep a good 4 or 5 partially-full steam pitchers positioned at random points around my machine, so that if/when I've spilled 3 of them, I still have the 2 I really need to top off my tall, thin-walled cylindrical glass. Which I then spill.

kellzey

#85: Post by kellzey »

I see the problem... he's trying to foam the milk with that big tamper!!!

Bodka Coffee

#86: Post by Bodka Coffee »

AlexKilpatrick wrote:
Yup. First espresso machine I had looked a lot like that one. At least the part I can see. :D

SpromoSapiens

#87: Post by SpromoSapiens »

kellzey wrote:I see the problem... he's trying to foam the milk with that big tamper!!!
Oooh! Easter Egg! That's the next Artist accessory, the Stamper. It steams and tamps, dispenses cardamom for Turkish style coffee, counts the steps you take around the kitchen, includes a built-in Bluetooth speaker, and can be a joystick for the drone that hovers over your house monitoring your coffee deliveries.

Spitz.me (original poster)

#88: Post by Spitz.me (original poster) »

AlexKilpatrick wrote:With Arist, you can say goodbye to scenes like this:

<image>

The most absurd thing in that video, yes, this is epic, is that there are a lot of coffee grounds on the drip tray. It's completely absurd considering you'd have to take your portafilter with loose coffee and completely turn it upside down or effectively throw the coffee out with momentum to get the situation they've created. Does the ECM have a 58mm group? That tamper...

Having said all that. Spec changes are definitely going to lead to 'this is a different product now because it's the only way we could get, at least, some of what we promised into the smallest space we were comfortable with telling you about' creep. Bonavista!!!
LMWDP #670

AlexKilpatrick

#89: Post by AlexKilpatrick »

Spitz.me wrote:The most absurd thing in that video, yes, this is epic, is that there are a lot of coffee grounds on the drip tray. It's completely absurd considering you'd have to take your portafilter with loose coffee and completely turn it upside down or effectively throw the coffee out with momentum to get the situation they've created.
To me, this is "car jumped on the counter while I was grinding into a basket and getting the milk ready" I don't see how the arist can help with that, unless it has a cat detector/defender. It seems to have everything else, so maybe it does.

I had the DeLongi as my first espresso machine. It definitely does not have a 58 mm group.

ira
Team HB

#90: Post by ira »

I missed all that stuff, but I do wonder what they are going to do with 19bar?

Ira