An Apology to James Hoffman - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
TomC
Team HB

#11: Post by TomC »

Hopefully from the ashes of turmoil will rise a newfound level of conversation. I for one would love to see our industries professionals and experts contributing their thoughts more often.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Bodka Coffee

#12: Post by Bodka Coffee »

It takes a good man to apologize publicly. Bravo to both of you!

tburres

#13: Post by tburres »

Yes, well done gentlemen, and thanks!

civ

#14: Post by civ »

galumay wrote:It takes a special quality to make a genuine & humble apology - which to all appearances this is.
I didnt see the comments you made Jim, but I will be interested to see the continuation of your line of thinking on roasting and brewing. I have always read your comments with interest, if not always agreement! Your simple and consise explanation of the effect of dose and grind on flavour was invaluable in my learning curve.
+1

bmb

#15: Post by bmb »

This was a really mild event, resolved with intelligence and elegance, my respects gentlemen.

It's called passion, a human characteristic and a major drive to great discoveries, even when it may provoke occasional inconvenient emotional outbursts, as the episode below, one of my favorite anecdotes:

"Why must I lose to this IDIOT?"

In one of the most outrageous acts of Grandmaster chess ecsentricity ever, Grandmasters Aron Nimzovich ("My System") and Friedrich Samisch went head-to-head in the last round of the classic 1925 Baden-Baden Tournament, just outside Berlin, with first place hanging in the balance.

Upon the game's ending,,, when the superior Nimzovich was about to be mated, he suddenly jumped up onto a table,, got down on his knees and screamed,,,

"Why must I lose to this IDIOT!?"

There are many variations as to how Aron expressed his angst that day at the prospect of not winning the tournament, but this particular variant came from the "Idiot" himself, Friedrich Samisch.

Isn't chess grand?