Alcoholic coffee drinks

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
weebit_nutty

#1: Post by weebit_nutty »

hi guys

I'm looking for ideas and recipes to incorporate alcohol into drinks. Any favorites come in mind?

The holidays are coming and I'm looking to combine two things I love to do--making coffee and get sloshed* with my family and friends :P (*on special occasions, I'm no alkie)

If anyone has any really good drink recipes for this, please do share! Thanks

For now I wonder what's better.. To drop a shot of espresso in some alcoholic drinks (maybe eggnog), or drop certain shots of alcohol in a common coffee drinks..
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?

forbeskm

#2: Post by forbeskm »

It's egg nog latte season with fresh nutmeg and cinnamon on top, I suppose some days I wish I added alcohol :).

Advertisement
Marcelnl

#3: Post by Marcelnl »

Caffe correto is the only coffee booze combination that works for me (with a good grappa that is). Great way to get pissed As I guess you'll stay awake for much more :mrgreen:
LMWDP #483

Kipp

#4: Post by Kipp »

I was in Yosemite last week staying at the Awahnee Hotel and their bar was serving what they called "The Firefall", which was really nice on a cold day.

Resposado Tequilla
Creme de Cacao
Cafe Mocha (from a super auto)
Ground Cinnamon
Ground Pasilla Chile
Topped with whipped cream

weebit_nutty (original poster)

#5: Post by weebit_nutty (original poster) »

This is great.. Im going to give these a try . Keep the suggestions coming :)
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?

ira
Team HB

#6: Post by ira »

I've always been a fan of Irish coffee.

Brown sugar, coffee, Irish wiskey with a layer of aerated cream floated on top by pouring into a teaspoon just at the surface of the coffee+whiskey mixture. Not whip cream, just enough air so it floats nice.

Ira

mauijer

#7: Post by mauijer »

I make Irish lattes: Irish whiskey and brown sugar; pour espresso over top. Steam
Milk (can add a dash of Irish cream to pitcher after steaming to give drink stronger alcohol flavor) then pour latte art etc. as usual. that's my take on a classic anyway and guests are always impressed.... Or we just drink a bottle of macallan and then drink espresso straight :)

Advertisement
bluesman

#8: Post by bluesman »

Marcelnl wrote:Caffe correto is the only coffee booze combination that works for me (with a good grappa that is). Great way to get pissed As I guess you'll stay awake for much more :mrgreen:
Yes! You might also like a shot of Strega or an ounce of Fernet Branca in a ristretto. I sure do!

old442

#9: Post by old442 »

Sprochata
Espresso and rumchata

BB spro bomb
Espresso and Benedictine and brandy
Kurt
LMWDP 114

Marcelnl

#10: Post by Marcelnl »

Strega reads as if it'll taste interresting, didn't know it but will find it
LMWDP #483