30 years in business: Alan Frew

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
earlgrey_44

#1: Post by earlgrey_44 »

Before the month is out, I'd like to congratulate Alan Frew on thirty years in the coffee business.
https://www.coffeeco.com.au/
I've enjoyed Alan's writings on HB, CG, and his website for many years now. He has accumulated a vast trove of knowledge about coffee sourcing, roasting, and brewing, including espresso pulling. He has taken apart more coffee machines than I have had opportunity to shake a stick at. I've consistently found him to be an engaging, informative writer about all things coffee, so when he talks, I listen.
The only thing I don't like about him is his insistence of doing business on the other side of the friggin' planet, which makes buying his coffee too blasted inconvenient. :)
Congrats Alan, and may there be many more.
Trust your taste. Don't trust your perception.

civ

#2: Post by civ »

Hello:
earlgrey_44 wrote:Before the month is out, I'd like to congratulate Alan Frew on thirty years in the coffee business.
+1!

When in mid 2005 I started off on my espresso learning path (way before joining HB in 2007), Alan Frew had already been my most important source of espresso hardware knowledge.
earlgrey_44 wrote: ... so when he talks, I listen.
Indeed ... =-)

Congratulations Alan.

Cheers,

CIV

Advertisement
Alan Frew

#3: Post by Alan Frew »

Ta muchly, I reckon I'm good for another few years. Biggest challenge these days is access to greens, there are thousands more roasters chasing the top end than when I started.

Alan

baldheadracing
Team HB

#4: Post by baldheadracing »

Thank-YOU Alan, and congratulations.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Marshall

#5: Post by Marshall »

Thank you, Alan, for all your astute commentary over the years. Hope you start coming to the SCAA Expos again. We miss you!
Marshall
Los Angeles

another_jim
Team HB

#6: Post by another_jim »

There are a handful of people without whom there would be no on-line coffee, or not in any way we know it now. Alan is one of them. Thanks, I hope we get another 30.
Jim Schulman

Alan Frew

#7: Post by Alan Frew »

Hope you start coming to the SCAA Expos again. We miss you!
Highly unlikely. We're in retirement savings (superannuation) building mode right now, and the expense and bullcrap involved in travelling to and within the USA is a huge turn off. Future conference attendance will be limited to Asia and maybe one more European one.
Thanks, I hope we get another 30.
Very doubtful, unless I turn out to be the first zombie coffee roaster. Mmmm, coffee and Bra-a-ins!

Alan

Advertisement
Javier

#8: Post by Javier »

another_jim wrote:There are a handful of people without whom there would be no on-line coffee, or not in any way we know it now. Alan is one of them. Thanks, I hope we get another 30.
+1 !! Thanks Alan!
LMWDP #115