Yang-Chia 800n Coffee Roaster - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
subq

#11: Post by subq »

would be nice if machines this good were available in the US (around the same price)

not sure I want to jump through the hoops to get one
LMWDP #357

boar_d_laze

#12: Post by boar_d_laze »

subq wrote:would be nice if machines this good were available in the US (around the same price) not sure I want to jump through the hoops to get one
+1

BDL
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator

Advertisement
chang00

#13: Post by chang00 »

Ordering the roaster is really no more difficult than weigh the coffee to 0.1g accuracy, tamp with 58mm (or is it 58.2mm?) at 30 pounds, control water temperature at 198.5F with PID, pressure profile, and extract 60 ml in 25 seconds at 21% extraction, and measure and confirm it with a refractometer. :mrgreen:

subq

#14: Post by subq replying to chang00 »

heheh, good comparison
LMWDP #357

Whale

#15: Post by Whale »

chang00 wrote:Ordering the roaster is really no more difficult than weigh the coffee to 0.1g accuracy, tamp with 58mm (or is it 58.2mm?) at 30 pounds, control water temperature at 198.5F with PID, pressure profile, and extract 60 ml in 25 seconds at 21% extraction, and measure and confirm it with a refractometer.
Henry, do not short change you and Hank.
This process is difficult and requires commitment and resolve. You pulled it off and have the spoils to brag about.
Even after reading your and Hank's post I am still uncertain that I want to go through it.
Any monkey can make espresso. Some like me, are still trying to imitate these monkeys... :mrgreen:

P.S.: I do not want to discourage anyone just praise the pioneer that blazed the trails for us.
LMWDP #330

Be thankful for the small mercies in life.