Temperature of exhaust air

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Explorateur

#1: Post by Explorateur »

Hello,

I would like to know the temperature of the exhaust smoke. I need this information to know what kind of installation I need for the smoke of a 1 kg roaster.

I know the temperature in the drum, but then, I would like to know the temperature of the air flow and the final temperature when the air exhausts through the chimney.

Thanks a lot !

gor

#2: Post by gor »

The temp in the exhaust duct will vary along its length. The further away, the less temp you will see.

As an example, I set my ET on my roaster anywhere from 260 - 300 degrees C and will see a temp of around 145 - 150 degrees C in the exhaust duct right next to the exit of roaster. Further down the ducting, when it goes into the filtration system, it will be around 75 C and then in the duct going through the ceiling it will be around 50 C.

Your system will be different, it will depend on what you have connected to exhaust i.e cyclone, filters etc

If you run an afterburner, it will actually increase because you are putting extra heat into the system.

Give us more info or pics of your system, and I'm sure there are people on this forum that would be able to comment on it regarding the possible expected temps.

JK

#3: Post by JK »

Once the air passes though my Cyclone it's warm but not too hot to hold my hand in front of the exhaust..
-----------------------------
I'm on a Mission from God!