Santoker 500 not getting up to temperature

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
whumbert

#1: Post by whumbert »

I just set up my Santoker 500 and am having issues getting the roaster up to temp. For those of you who have experience with the Santoker, could you let me know if you have encountered this issue and how you remedied it? Also, on average how long does it take to pre-heat the roaster in your experience?

Bob_M

#2: Post by Bob_M »

30 min to preheat. Both the stock Thermocouples not accurate. Both read at least 100 degrees f low. Edit: This is what I found with my unit. I have not heard of others having this problem. I bought replacement thermocouples from steve at mill City Roasters. I have them connected to an Omega thermometer and data log using Artisan software. I also bought Steves propane hookup kit. The 3/8" hose was improvement over my 1/4" welding hose I made up.
I can not say enough good things about Steve at Mill City. He's helped me with a lot of things and has been very patient with my stupidity. I suggest you give him a call.

https://millcityroasters.com

Advertisement
whumbert (original poster)

#3: Post by whumbert (original poster) »

Thanks Bob!

whumbert (original poster)

#4: Post by whumbert (original poster) »

Update... I purchased a high pressure propane regulator (one manufactured for a turkey fryer) and everything is working splendidly!

Bob_M

#5: Post by Bob_M »

Glad to hear it.