Rotate Fun 300 Roaster

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
maher

#1: Post by maher »

hi all :)

i was reading and learning from this forum since around a year and have learned alot from you. espresso making and roasting coffee and how profiling the roast.

i build experience from here ... so i want to share what i have with you.

i started to roast my coffee since three months and started with Cafe Rosto machine.( it was fast roasting and cant control the temp.).

then, i decided to buy drum roaster to control the temp. and develop my experience in roasting and make profiles.

actually i searched cheap drum roaster to start, and i found (Rotate Fun 300) from Taiwan. it is manual roaster.
its capacity is 300 grams.
I bought it from Alibaba market , the payment by paypal.

let me introduce the machine to you:

the machine is really nice designed.
you can order the voltage you want 110/220v.
there is chaff collector under the drum.

behind the machine: there are tow knobs , one for temp (0-250 c), and other for timing (by 0-60 min).and power botton and fuse.

the accessories comes with it are (brush, thermometer and one glove).

it has also with fan and cooling tray (you attach them together)

i really enjoyed the coffee that i roast. and in different styles. :D

i have done around seven batches in different sizes.

my notices on this machine:
- i did not use the time knob first time (cause i depend on digital timer), but i noticed that machine doesn't start heating before sit the time by that knob.
- the fan is fast cooling the coffee (around 3 min or less ).
- there is no manual comes with it... when i asked the seller about it he said there is no english one, he has only chinese one and sent it to me by email. i translate it by google. but anyway nothing important in there.

- you can directly see the beans during roasting process through wide place in front tray ... and i can hear the 1st crack and 2nd crack very clearly. (compared with Cafe Rosto machine which very difficult to hear even the 1st crack).

there are some notices i want to discuss it with you about temp. and profiling by this machine ... later on. :mrgreen:

thank you all.

jagobear

#2: Post by jagobear »

This is my rotate fun 200 machine
The brother of rf300

Advertisement
maher (original poster)

#3: Post by maher (original poster) »

nice ...

so yours is gas model. and mine electrical.

JK

#4: Post by JK »

Looks very nice..
-----------------------------
I'm on a Mission from God!

jagobear

#5: Post by jagobear »

rotate fun air flow kit

mrinaldo

#6: Post by mrinaldo »

I know there were people who have posted on their Rotate Fun 300. I myself may be in the market for one soon. But I do have some questions beforehand. I appreciate it if anyone who roasts on this machine could answer them.

1. Is it easy to measure and establish ET for the charge temp?

2. Is there much heat loss due to the slightly open roasting design?

3. Is the recording of BT through a probe where the beans move in out fairly consistent and accurate? I'm curious about the probe/thermometer placement.

4. How is the airflow control for the airflow kit, if you do have that included?

Also, any opinion on your experience using this roaster--both good and bad--would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!
Where mystique and simplicity collide, you get religion.
-D. Wondrich on Martini